In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Deal on Orange Tractor?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Rush Battle, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Rush Battle

Rush Battle

2016 Kubota Tractor L3301

Seems like an awfully good deal? Anybody with an opinion?

if I picked it up I would obviously need a LA525 and bucket, forks. Anybody have an idea of how much that would cost?

Thank you FHC!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    amateur cutter, Chaz, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  2. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy

Buyer beware! My father in law was looking for a tractor and we found the same great tractor deal pictured in 4 different parts of the country with 4 different sets of contact info for the exact same pictured tractor. They wanted a wire transfer of 50% +- down to 'hold' the tractor. They would not ship, you had to pick it up. Tip off was a Florida ad and contact info with tree covered mountains in the background.

amateur cutter, Chaz, Horkn and 8 others like this.
  3. Rush Battle

Rush Battle

The image is unique on the internet, and is local to me. Is the deal so good that I should go buy it? I am a total tractor novice, but it has been for sale for a few weeks so I guess it isn't a smoking deal, or they didn't pull the ad down.

amateur cutter, Chaz, Horkn and 3 others like this.
  4. mirnldi

mirnldi

Check it out. Loader and forks would probably run you $3500 plus install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Listen to Ralphie, buyer beware...Or just send your 50% down and hope!!

amateur cutter, Chaz, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  6. VOLKEVIN

VOLKEVIN

Doesn’t hurt to look at it, but look up the make/model “for sale” on the net, and have an idea on prices. Look at tractorhouse.com, that’s a good place too. If the pricing is in the neighborhood, there you go. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is. And make sure title is in hand/ask sheriff’s department to run the VIN. Good luck, hopefully it’s on the up and up and it’s what you’re looking for!

amateur cutter, Chaz, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Only 56 hours? Probably hasn't even had an oil change. That is amazing for a 3 year old tractor. Almost too good to be true?

8. Flamestead

Flamestead

9. ironpony

ironpony

Seems cheap, what is the respond to? If it is an email address it might be iffy, scam. They are getting good at it. Pics look copy and paste to me.
    Go look at it with a friend with you. Sig, Smith, Ruger

10. wishlist

wishlist Guest

You said it’s local . I agree it sounds to good to be true but I would look into it . See if the guy will get in touch with you by phone . My opinion is once your on the phone and you start asking some questions you’ll have a good idea if it’s legit . As far as tractors and price , it’s a very very good one . I have its big brother L4701 and couldn’t be happier .
    Also , find out if he bought it new and from what dealer . If they are local call them and and get the scoop on it . They will know the owners name. Tell the dealer you might buy it and want a price on loader and forks . Dealer has an incentive to help you out some .

11. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

No way its legit, it was posted almost 3 weeks ago...at that price it would be gone in under 6 hours.
    There is no phone number in the contact info...just CL mail...in my experience this is a scam ad...if you try to contact them you will either go no response, or they will tell you to email them privately...if so, RUN!

12. unbidden

unbidden

Shoot them an email and I'll bet you'll get a story of my husband is deployed and we have no use for the tractor at this time.... or something similar. CL is full of these scams, particularly with tractors and quads.

13. Blstr88

Blstr88

I've spent enough time on craigslist to spot scam ads immediately.

That's a scam ad. You send him an email you'll get some BS response about sending money blah blah. You'd be an idiot to send even a dime.

Maybe I'm wrong....shoot him an email and see, no harm in that. Ask for his phone number and give him a call if he actually responds.

14. Rush Battle

Rush Battle

Thank you for the help everyone!!! Y’all are the best!

15. wishlist

wishlist Guest

I agree with everyone else , but you never know . I bought my Timberwolf T-5 this spring . If I would have posted the ad here I think many of you would have said the same thing . Scam !
    Glad I didn’t post it tho , you hoarders would have beat me to a smoking deal ! Lol Drove thru 3 states and was worried but I did talk to the guy and felt he was a straight shooter . Glad I looked into it .

16. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Its not just about the price...its all the clues added together...the ad just smacks of "classic scammer ad"...not as bad as some I've seen, but enough to call it, IMO.

17. MaineMtnMan

MaineMtnMan

This is a scam. Be ware

18. Rush Battle

Rush Battle

I sent an email via one of my burner email accounts for things like this, and the craigslist email link doesn't even work. Sure seems like a scam to me! Good eye FHC!

19. Blstr88

Blstr88

Yeah it's not just that the price is too good to be true...its something about the way those ads are written...almost too perfect if that makes any sense. That is one of the better ones though, some are wicked obvious.

If you find a deal that's too good to be true but get the guy on the phone and actually setup a time to meet and see it it's probably legit, those scam listings you'll never get anyone on the phone. Itll be email and text.

20. Blstr88

Blstr88

I actually had a scammer contact me via text one time on one of my listings...it was a generator I was selling for $300. Simply said on text he wants it and he'll pay extra to cover the costs for his shippers when they come pick it up. I actually went along with it via text for quite a while knowing it was BS...even though it was a listing for a $300 generator in New Hampshire I gave him some random BS address in Iowa to mail the check to. He sent me a tracking number a few days later and actually had mailed it!

Anyway, I watched the tracking number and when it arrived at the address I told him I got the check and his shippers can come! At that point he told me to MoneyGram the additional funds to some account...to cover his shipping cost. My guess is that his thinking was some people would get a phoney check in the mail for say $400, then MoneyGray the additional $100 to him before they realized the check bounces. At that point he's got his $100 and the sellers out the $100.

I kept him going for a couple days on the whole thing, asking him if he was excited about the motorcycle, if he's planning to repair it, etc...he kept agreeing saying "yes he's excited" or whatever....haha it was pretty sad. Finally he asked me outright if I was F'ing with him and I just responded "yeah I guess we've both been F'ing with each other huh?".

Anyway the whole thing is pretty dumb, I can't imagine they get people with scams like that but I guess if you contact 5,000 people maybe they'll be someone in there who is naive enough to go along with it. Or maybe just some elderly person who's unaware of these things, I dont know.