In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

------Glass Gasket Size Question---- Long/Silentflame Brand

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by Ali Dabiri, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Ali Dabiri

Ali Dabiri

Hello from West Virginia.

I have a Long Brand(same as Silentflame) model #1662 and the local fireplace store keeps giving me the wrong size Rope Gasket for the glass. Its a two door, but it looks like a half inch gap between the glass and backing plate/surround with real small screws.

Manual just says "gasket" but I need a dimension.

On the other hand the flat rope that goes around the door perimeter seems ok with the dollar bill test, it has tabs that keep it in place, holding up good. The store wants to give me this type gasket for the glass as well with sticky tape on one side of it, this cannot be correct bc it just wont seal, the glass flops back and forth, no seal at all.

First time having an insert with windows, Im used to the solid door type.

Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    Buzz Benton likes this.
  2. Ali Dabiri

Ali Dabiri

Now that I look at the owners manual nomenclature, the glass uses "gasket-adhesive" however Im missing the "safety screen" that goes between the glass and door, maybe so people cant touch the hot glass. Possibly fabricate some metal blocks on a surface grinder to use as wedges/shims in its place.

Attached Files:

3. Rich L

Rich L

Contact the company for the right size gasket.Also ask for installment instructions

Ali Dabiri likes this.
  4. Ali Dabiri

Ali Dabiri

Sold out to Silentflame, then they went out of business eventually, the stove is prob 30+yrs old, cherry tho.

5. Rich L

Rich L

Check out Woodman's parts plus.com see if they have what you need.