In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Getting Ready

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by ReelFaster, Oct 13, 2020.

1. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Took the Columbus day holiday yesterday to start getting ready for the burning season. Changed all the batteries in all smoke alarms and tested. Held our annual family safety meeting to review all fire extinguisher locations, emergency exits, emergency meeting location, calling 911, etc...

Inspected the stove to ensure all looks good and in working order (it should it's only 3yrs old). Some of the fire bricks laying on the bottom where getting a little chipped on the edges. For now I just flipped them over until I can replace in time. I proceeded to clean out the liner and got very little soot which is a great sign that my wood is dry.

Saturday evening I've got the 3 kids alone and I plan on making some firestarters with them to keep them busy. I am ready to rock and roll when ole man winter comes knocking.

20201012_110634.jpg

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Nice way to start the season.

3. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Making firestarters sounds like fun! Wanna see some pics :ithappened::popcorn:

4. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

O for sure! I have the kids collecting dryer lint, empty toilet paper/paper towel rolls, and looking for old wax candles. I've got a half full bag of sawdust in my collector to use as well.