In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Getting blown away

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

The highest wind gust I've seen reported so far is 62 mph but we have power outages all over the place. We lost power around 10:00 and no idea when it will be restored. No doubt they will work around the cities first so because of where we live we won't expect it to come back too fast. Thank God for generators.

There was a fire that could have really turned bad this morning but didn't thanks to being spotted early. A mile north of us a couple crossbars fell off power poles and the line got down to the ground. Neighbor said when he got near it he could hear the zapping going on so did not get close. Fire department got there to put it out before it got out of hand thankfully.

Wind came up and temperature is falling. Looks like snow went through just a tad north of us and now it is clouding over here.

2. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Ridiculous gusts here too. Chance of snow Saturday night.
    :confused:

3. papadave

papadave

Pretty windy yesterday and really windy today. It's died down now, and been snowing sporadically.
    OAT was close to 40 until about 11, then it dropped to 32 within about 1.5-2 hours.
    Another week or so of colder temps, then climbing into the 40s.

4. HDRock

HDRock

Trees down, arcing wires, power poles snapped, roads closed, fires, accidents, traffic signals out
    Check this out, Genesee County 911 Consortium - Active Events
    I'm good so far, some branches down, lost some tarps, power still on at my house, wires down at the other end of the street

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  5. Casper

Casper

BS, where are you located. I have a friend working storm right now for Consumers near the flower bulb nurseries. I might be able to give you an idea when power will be up. He said there 210k out of power in his district.

6. Gasifier

Gasifier

We have some winds today. Not sure what the strongest gust have been, but not liking it. I have a fairly large Pine near the power line to my house. This wind reminds me I need to take that Pine down.

7. bocefus78

bocefus78

Crazy windy here too. 45mph so far. Hope your power comes back on soon dennis.

8. Casper

Casper

9. Gary_602z

Gary_602z

Yep on generator here also at home. Never lost it at work. Hope it comes on fairly quick as I am supposed to fly to Kansas Friday to see my grandsons in Dodge City.

10. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Stay safe Dennis! We went up to midland today to do work on one of the farms we service and WOW it was windy I do mean windy.... hopefully your safe!

That's no joke! Our garages got enialated today! The firewood tipped neighbors roof is litterally blowing apart and our tv antenna is pretty much destroyed!

The garages have made it three years through some bad storms but this wind. Has finally finished them off. O well they where getting taken down this year anyways.

IMG_1158.JPG

11. Gpsfool

Gpsfool

We had gust at airport today 81 mph - yup no typo 81mph. Lost power at work ~ 1:30pm. Took my an hour to get home (usually 28 minutes). 18 wheeler on highway wiped over (due to wind). Power out all over and trees down everywhere.

Got power at home, nice fire going - all is ok so far.

12. Gpsfool

Gpsfool

Hehe typo... 18 wheeler tipped over.

13. Gary_602z

Gary_602z

Part of the roof blew off a elementary school in Woodland which is 3 miles from work and a 2 story building in downtown Clarksville lost it's roof which is 5 miles from my house. We were rocking and rolling here for awhile. Seems like it is starting to let up here a bit.

Gary

14. HDRock

HDRock

Delta Airlines on schedule from Flint Bishop Airport, East-West Runway all good

15. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Rockin n rollin here too...power went blinky blink a couple times...still on though.
    The little creek that runs through the property at work had waves you could've surfed on! ;)
    It's so windy...I replied to this thread an hour ago...and it just now posted! :jaw: :whistle: ;) :p :picard:

16. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

It's so windy I said to heck with getting firewood up to the house lol

17. Locust Post

Locust Post

Windy as the dickens here...wind advisory until 7 but then still to be windy after that. Dropping down to 32 tonight so I'll build a fire (had one last night but up to close 60 today). Snow possible tomorrow evening 3" and cold all weekend but the thing I'm looking forward to is the time change.....bring it.

Hope you get that power back soon Sav.

18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I was just watching a local news station on TV (Watertown NY) they said Rochester NY had gust that hit 81 mph!

19. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

that is crazy wind!!!

20. HDRock

HDRock

Wow, 81:hair::dennis: