In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★☆☆☆ Freedom Fuel Wood Pellet (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Freedom Fuel Wood Pellet results: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average – 250-315 (new thermocouple on door, cannot compare with previous reviews)

Ash Volume – 23 ounces

Ash Weight – 2.40 ounces

Ash Percentage - .37%

Fines In Bag – less than 1/8 cup

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/4” - 3/4”

Bag Weight – 40.4 lbs. (0 oz. left in hopper)

NOTES:

Purchased from Home Depot
    $239 ton
    Low fines

Well if you love ash cakes you might like this pellet. The pellets actually burned fairly well with pretty good heat and the glass stayed fairly clean. The pellets themselves were a light pine color. They had bits and pieces up to an inch and they smelled of fresh cut 2x4’s. Ash was fluffy, very coarse and a very dark charcoal/brown in color. Volume wise, there was a lot of it. The pellets left an ash cake (on top of ash in pic) that covered the entire bottom of my burnpot. Fines were very low in the bag.

All in all these were meh. I’m not sure what’s in these pellets for an ash cake like that to develop but I personally would not buy these unless they were all you can get. I would rate these at 2.5 stars.

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0356.jpg IMAG0357.jpg IMAG0359.jpg IMAG0353.jpg IMAG0352.jpg IMAG0360.jpg IMAG0362.jpg

ttdberg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.