In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★☆ Forest's Pride Wood Pellet (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Forest’s Pride Wood Pellet results: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average – 320-360+ (on door thermometer)

Ash Volume – 16 ounces

Ash Weight – 2.20 ounces

Ash Percentage - .34%

Fines In Bag – less than a 1/8 cup (few tablespoons)

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/4" – 1/2”

Bag Weight – 40.0 lbs. (0 oz. left in hopper)

Notes:
    $310 a ton from Bucks Pellets
    Low Fines
    50/50 Douglas Fir and Oak mix

These are a Lignetics product that comes out of VA. I believe they may have come out of a Lig plant that was closed and opened back up to produce softies. Lig rep told Bucks that these, are in fact, a 50/50 blend of DF’s and Oak. Pellets are on the short side and remind me of FSU’s. I couldn’t finish a high burn due to the fact it was already warm in the house and I had to turn the stove back down. I see no reason why these couldn’t easily hit 400(maybe +) on my door thermometer. Ash was a finer medium to darker grey. Ash weight was a bit more than I was expecting with a Fir blend but still not too bad.

All in all these are a very good pellet that burned very similar to the green labeled Ligs that I currently have on hand and burn.

Recommend!

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0286.jpg IMAG0287.jpg IMAG0288.jpg IMAG0285.jpg IMAG0284.jpg IMAG0290.jpg IMAG0291.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.