In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fitness axe! All the fun of chopping with the chips

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by Sourwood, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Sourwood

Sourwood

I have no idea how to express the absurdity of this.

2. ironpony

ironpony

All these people look around and realize people that actually work for a living are in shape. So a little light bulb goes off, could not find and emoji, and they think wow if I make that a work out I can be in shape too.

When all they really need to do is put down the cookies and get up off the couch and move, even just a little. Now if we could pair the metrosexual lumberjack look and this workout we would be onto something.

Hmmmm........................

3. timusp40

timusp40

Just now stopped laughing at your comments ironpony. What some people do and believe is truly amazing.

4. Cheepbeer

Cheepbeer

Just like the CrossFit people beatin’ on a tractor tire with a fitness sledge.

5. ErikR

ErikR

:rofl: :lol: I don't know what to say... :picard: It reminds me of the old Dinty Moore commercials where they ask these clueless lumberjack looking hipsters to start a chainsaw... lol

As far as a workout from splitting wood, I agree, swinging a 6 pound maul all afternoon is a great workout... I feel it the next day.

Husky Man and Dakota Hoarder like this.
  6. Husky Man

Husky Man

Dayum, I wish that I had seen this 2 weeks ago, we were just in Austin, TX for a convention my Wife attended. (See my going to Texas thread)

I could have attended the FREE training class, and even gotten a DISCOUNT :makeitrain",and if the Mannequin Head in a cooler didn’t FREAK OUT :bug: The TSA workers Enough coming home, adding a Chop Fit to the Duffel Bag, would have added a “Special Touch” :rofl: :lol:
    Oh the Missed Opportunities that my Life is FULL of :headbang:

Well at least I got to experience Franklin’s, and learn what Truly Delicious Texas Style BBQ :grizz:is all about

Doug :cheers:

7. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh

Yeah it's ridiculous but at the end of the day a lot of people work in offices. Technology has changed a lot of things in the workplace. Manufacturing went overseas.

Working out is boring. They gotta figure out a way to make people not hate it by coming up with new ideas and things to do. Not everyone can or wants to work physical jobs. Especially women. I'd rather my gf go pretend chop wood than be fat and out of shape. She goes to kickboxing classes at the moment. If I found out she was fake chopping wood I might have to dump her for cheating on me. If she wants to chop wood there's plenty here!

Aje1967 and Husky Man like this.
  8. bert the turtle

bert the turtle

Maybe I should open FarmFit ™️ I've got a wood splitting workout, a shovel workout, a weeding the herb garden meditation area, a half mile walk each way to the mailbox- feel free to jog if you need some cardio. There is the carrying 5 gallon water pails to water the trees, plant the garden if you need some flexibility training. Over here is the sauna, just add debris whenever the burn pile gets too cool for you. Olympic-sized pond for laps. No rock climbing wall, but plenty of trees to accomplish the same thing. There is the boulder moving course for those who want a heavy weight low rep kind of deal.

In the snack bar, we've got locally-sourced free range organic venison burgers and occasionally catfish. And chlorine-free water straight from the hose unless someone is using it to rinse off in which case wait your turn.

$17/day or our special discount @ $180/ month

mdavlee, Husky Man and MikeInMa like this.
  9. Geoff C

Geoff C

I can save these people $150. Come split and stack my wood for free.

I’ll even take pictures of you for your Instagram.

bert the turtle likes this.
  10. Cheepbeer

Cheepbeer

A while back, a hay farmer here was hanging out in some college bars after his divorce. Since it was a college town, he was drinking with some of the local college football talant. Seeing as how they were bragging about their benching abilities, he invited 'em out for a farm boy workout. He said they last about an hour in the barn, and he had to restack the bales they touched.

buZZsaw BRAD and mdavlee like this.
  11. Meche_03

Meche_03

I feel bad paying $60 for a real axe.

I used my Council Tools boys axe yesterday to cut up some hedge I found at the city green cycle dump. My boy was impressed. I was winded because a longer handle and heavier head would have helped get the work done a bit easier.