In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★☆ Fiskars X7

Discussion in 'Firewood Accessories' started by mattjm1017, Dec 21, 2014.

1. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

So I won the Fiskars X7 in the Christmas giveaway thread thanks @swags:thumbs: and heres my review. It is a handy little hatchet so far and lives up to its bigger full sized axe the X27 its basically a miniature version of that. I have been using mostly to split bigger pieces down to a more manageable size for handling and getting into the stove. Ive also made a bit of kindling with it but not much as I dont really have much of a use for it. Overall its a great tool to have by the wood pile. It has split just about everything Ive thrown at it with relative ease. The only problems Ive had with it are going through knots, large tough pieces, and the stringy stuff I chalk that up to its size and the fact that you cant swing it with the same force as a full sized axe. One other thing I havent tried with it yet but I hope to soon and I think it will work perfectly is on the splitter when you get those pieces that wont quite split all the way through I think the X7 will help with those pieces and get them finished off.:axe:

Elvisss222, HDRock, reelcrzy and 3 others like this.
  2. bigbarf48

bigbarf48

I love my little fiskars hatchet. Very lightweight and handy, and great for making kindling. Use it to pound wedges too when felling and bucking

3. reelcrzy

reelcrzy

I have the x11 and it is also very handy. Great for making kindling as well.

HDRock likes this.
  4. Ronaldo

Ronaldo

I have an X7 and it does work great at the splitter to finish off those stringy pieces. I use it to drive wedges when felling and it always goes with me camping.
    Great little tool!

Elvisss222 and HDRock like this.