In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Firewood seller by accident

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Sandhillbilly, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

I have a couple rental rv spots on a vacant lot in my backyard. Last weekend one of them called to let me know that she wasn’t leaving for good but just going to a state lake for a while. My stacks are probably 70ft or so from her camper and she asked if I sold firewood. She wanted some to take with her. Told her to go ahead and take some. Said she wanted to pay, I told her she didn’t have to, but she insisted so I told her we would figure it out later.
    So this evening I got a text from another gal (coworker) staying in town for the same project. Said Sandy gave her my number & asking if I would sell her some wood too. So I called her back and talked about the price of wood bundles at gas station, then explained that those are usually not very dry mostly pine. Mine is dry hardwood and bigger splits. So I suggested $1 a split or piece. She said that would be ok. Probably be by in a couple days to get some.
    Is that a fair enough price for both of us?

Chaz, Horkn, Chazsbetterhalf and 5 others like this.
  2. bushpilot

bushpilot

That would work for me as either the seller or the casual (campfire) buyer. :yes:

3. jrider

jrider

It’s a darn good deal for you especially considering you aren’t touching it again

4. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

For that price, i'd sell all my wood and heat with oil! :handshake:

:thumbs:

Lastmohecken, Chaz, Horkn and 2 others like this.
  5. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

When I sell by the piece its 2/$1 for hardwood (oak, ash, cherry, apple). Or 3/$1 for softerwood (silver maple, tree of heaven) and 4/$1 pine. So I think thats a very good price for you

Chaz, Horkn, jrider and 2 others like this.
  6. Woodshax

Woodshax

Selling to campers by the stick is the way to go....they are preconditioned to pay a dollar a stick or between $5.99 and $6.99 for a .65 to.75 Cuft bundle.....that is inside or very near where they are camping....We sell strictly inside camping parks 24/7 and when totaled up we get $1200 a full cord (128 cuft)

Chaz, stuckinthemuck, Horkn and 3 others like this.
  7. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

I got to thinking that the price we agreed on seemed high to me. So I figured if I actually heard back from her I would back up to $10/dozen. She came by this evening with a twenty and left with 25 or so splits. Didn’t even talk about the price. Ended up loading hackberry and some of it seemed like it might not have been really dry (kinda heavy) so I threw in some elm that I know was good