In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Firewood in Charlotte, NC Area

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by pcable89, Dec 1, 2020.

1. pcable89

pcable89

I am still just starting to get involved with splitting/stacking/seasoning wood myself. None of what I have split will be ready for this winter. I bought some locally earlier this fall for this winter, and am nearing the end of my supply. Does anyone have recommendations for places to buy half decent firewood in the Charlotte area to hold me over? Or any hoarders within a reasonable drive willing to sell some off? I just have a fireplace inside the house, I do not heat with wood so was just looking to get maybe 1/2 cord to hold me over for the rest of this season. Thanks.

farmer steve likes this.
  2. jrider

jrider

I would check out facebook marketplace

farmer steve likes this.
  3. J bird

J bird

Did you find any wood ?

4. pcable89

pcable89

I did, actually a guy I had wanted to quote cutting a large tree down in my yard told me he also does firewood. He's an older gentleman who works out of the Concord area. I went out and picked up about 1/4 cord back in December and went again just yesterday to pick up a little more than that. Has a lot of good stuff out there from what I could tell.

farmer steve likes this.