In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

firewood bundles

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Rowerwet, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

had the idea to have my son split and bundle wood for local campfire, chimnea, and fire ring back yard burners.
    there are two other people I know of in town who do the same thing, and I'm not near them.
    Mostly wondering which types of wood would be better for campfires.
    the few campgrounds I've bought wood at or near, I felt that the wood I bought was rather wet, and smoked too much.
    I'm thinking of him mostly selling pine bundles, as they burn hot and fast, which I would think you would want for an outdoor fire vs. the long burns of oak or maple in a wood stove or fire place.
    we live on a corner in one of the densest areas of the city, so there should be plenty of people who walk by

brenndatomu and HolsatiaRedneck like this.
  2. jtstromsburg

jtstromsburg

I’d suggest pine also, or anything up to about the gooder stuff like ash. The town I live in is only 1100 and a Couple kids made a little stand and bundles and the local grocery sells it thru their store for them. Not sure the details, but I’ve seen them refill the little half face cord stand a couple times now.
    Figure I’m sitting on a million $ easy if I could just sell my splits by the bundle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Woodshax

Woodshax

So I sell only at State parks and do the traditional .75 cuft bundles and then 2 cuft by volume bags (bags outsell bundles 4 to 1). We do all oak, 20% or less moisture, split small and medium to facilitate good starting and long burns and 18" long..... this differentiates me as a premium product and we did over $175,000 in firewood sales in the DFW area last year....so have them start bundling

4. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

20180203_105718.jpg he's been running the electric splitter for a few years now, so it didn't take him long to split up a nice pile of pine kindling
    20180205_163546.jpg
    So I whipped up a rack for him to sell it, from scrap lumber I had lying around the yard.
    fishingpol he's hoping for $4/square, we're on the corner of 6th ave and main st for anybody else interested, and local, a 1/4 mile from interstate 495 on rt 125 south in Haverhill.
    Hopefully this doesn't put me in danger of breaking any rules on here.

5. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

Any Customer yet :popcorn:

Midwinter likes this.
  6. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

Not yet, but we still don't have a sign up yet

7. fishingpol

fishingpol

I drove by your place this afternoon and saw the new rack. :yes: I'll stop by in the next few days and buy a few bundles.

Midwinter and brenndatomu like this.
  8. Midwinter

Midwinter

saul-rubinekactor-saul-rubinek-buying-firewood-in-west-hollywood-K8BAYF.jpg

Rowerwet likes this.
  9. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Good for you Rowerwet teaching that young man to be enterprising. I'm sure, kids get a pass on rules like that, great photo:yes: