In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Englander 25-PDVC pellet feed issues

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by edhackem, Jan 12, 2023.

1. edhackem

edhackem

My stove is having issues with keeping a steady supply of pellets entering the burn plate. All systems seem to be in operating order--augers rotate as they should. I replaced both motors on 12/1 and until the past few days they worked perfectly. When it does stop feeding, if I take the upper motor and wiggle it and poke the pellet feed entry in the hopper the supply restarts. And 15-20 mins or so it does it again. One thing I noticed when I did a reset the 3rd lower button wouldn't work. I could get the numbers to change on the 1st & 2nd, but the 3rd doesn't respond. Any suggestions?

IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  2. corncob

corncob

No clue other than it's binding. I had one years ago and sold it. Usually, a non responsive board means a component failure

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  3. edhackem

edhackem

wondering if it's possible the pellets are hanging up in the hopper near the entry area. It seems like when I run a long screwdriver in there that it will feed for a short period of time. Other then that it seems fine.

4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I'd say auger motor is one its last legs. Likely dry on the inside. I've heard of some adding a grease port and greasing them. I've only had luck with a disassembly/clean/relube.

Also check you auger bushing for wear or bind.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and corncob like this.
  5. edhackem

edhackem

found out from Mike at Englander support that there's a restrict or plate at the bottom of the feed hopper. Removed it and it seems to be cycling as it should. Also tightened up the set screws on both auger motors. yay

PelletHound, IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  6. corncob

corncob

Drive motors need lubed regularly. Fact of life. Mine get taken apart and lubed every spring.

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Good to hear Mike is still there.

8. Dok440

Dok440

When I bought my Englander pellet stove I also bought Golden Fire pellets. It was a disaster. It would clog and clog and clog again. I switched to Green Mountain and haven't had a clog since. It could be your stove just doesn't like a particular brand.

PelletHound, IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.