In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

email turn off

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by capetownkg, Oct 30, 2015.

1. capetownkg

capetownkg

This is a dumb question but I have tried a bunch of the settings. Anyway I want to stop getting emails to threads and what not. I want the alerts when I sign on the site or app but not to my email. How do I accomplish this. Thanks

2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Easier said than done, there is no site wide unsubscribe function in the xenforo software that we use. Here is what you can do...

Click on your name in the navbar and choose PREFERENCES from the menu.
    image.png

Uncheck the "And Revceive Emails" box.
    image.png

Click your name in the navbar again. Now click it one more time. Then click on CONTACT DETAILS on the left side of the screen (it's in bold in my pic). Here you can uncheck the boxes for receiving emails re: conversations and being tagged. image.png
    Well, you will still receive emails for any threads you have already subscribed to up to this point. As time goes by, the emails will become less and less. If there is a particularly long lived thread that you keep getting notified on you can choose to unwatch the thread and then choose to watch it again, this time without emails.

Hope this helps.

savemoney and concretegrazer like this.
  3. capetownkg

capetownkg

4. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

You welcome, too bad it's not a simpler process.