In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Echo CS-3400 - Value?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by tuneighty, Jan 17, 2014.

1. tuneighty

tuneighty

I possibly have the chance to pick up an Echo CS-3400. I have been in the market for a smaller, lighter saw. Well last night he said make him an offer? $100 fair? (He is a good friend.)

Any thoughts? Worth it for a light saw? (I'm getting tired of pulling out the 362 for smaller yard work/limbing.)

HoneyFuzz likes this.
  2. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

If you need a small saw? And it runs good and you know the history? Yeah, I'd do it.

I have never ran an echo myself, but have heard plenty of good.

Pallet Pete has an Echo and he likes it a lot.

Any pics of it? Is it in good condition? Good compression? Etc?

HoneyFuzz and tuneighty like this.
  3. tuneighty

tuneighty

My buddy purchased it for $10, not running. I helped clean the carb and had it running. Not sure its been used since (this was a few months back.) but had it running pretty good. Never actually seen it cut to be honest. I guess that would be a good starting point.

I appreciate the information and thinking points.

4. cwn877

cwn877

My pap has 3 of the small top handle echos he only has one arm and cant use a big saw. I have seen him fell 20"white oaks with it and cut into logs for the mill very dependable and good power. I would say anything that puts a little extra in your buddies pocket is fair sounds like he got it cheap so pass on the savings. If I remember right they are $250 new give or take.

tuneighty likes this.
  5. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

If it was bought not working for that and you helped get it running and new there $250, I'd be in at $50 no more than say $75 but if u think $100 is what it takes do it.

HoneyFuzz likes this.
  6. tuneighty

tuneighty

Made out by waiting. It was given to me as a gift for our baby shower. My buddy said with all the gifts going to the wife I deserved something too.

7. HDRock

HDRock

I bought a CS 346 off Craigslist for 60 bucks, brought it home to put fresh gas in it, tuned it, sharpend the chain, I love it, great little saw

HoneyFuzz likes this.
  8. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

Free is better !!! I have an Echo cs271T top handle... And a grey cs440. Both have a smooth predictable powerband. No big power surprises....just good power to get the job done. They fit my hands perfectly ! Good luck with yours... And have fun !

9. KilliansRedLeo

KilliansRedLeo

Top handle saws can be very dangerous, be careful!

HoneyFuzz likes this.