In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Easy scrounges...

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Biddleman, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Biddleman

Biddleman

But not for me. Like many I look on fb marketplace and CL. I find tons of easy scrounges, but never in my area. So frustrating. Some of them I'll see on there for weeks. Must not be any FHCers around there. Here's an example. Screenshot_20210305-203136_Samsung Internet.jpg

2. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

I have no trouble getting easy scrounges per say, but the bulk of what I get is a little at a time. I’ll find a roadside limb here or there, or a smaller tree that ends up being one pickup load. It’s rare that I get enough of one species to add up to a cord in one shot. Craigslist is a good resource in my area, although it’s been a while since I’ve gotten anything off there. Seems most of what piques my interest on there is more than 20 miles away in which case I usually pass on it.

3. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

I think alot of that on Craigslist and FB marketplace is there for weeks because they don't take their ad down when its gone. Last week there was an ad posted near me. When I got there 3 trucks were ahed of me. Only about 1/2 a bed left for me

4. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

I am fortunate that I no longer have to scrounge on CL MP. Did a lot of that years ago & always ended up with the nasty monsters because I had big saws. I am blessed to have access to about 1200 acres to cut from on different properties now. Along with good equipment & help. Low stress firewooding now.

farmer steve and Sandhillbilly like this.
  5. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I've had no shortages. I'll try and keep you in mind when I'm cruising for wood.

farmer steve and Biddleman like this.