In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★☆☆☆ Easy Heat Wood Pellets (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Easy Heat Wood Pellets results: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average – 220-330 (new thermocouple on door, cannot compare with previous older reviews)

Ash Volume – 20 ounces

Ash Weight – 2.50 ounces

Ash Percentage - .41%

Fines In Bag – about 1 cup

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/8” – 1.5”

Bag Weight – 40.6 lbs. (2.28 lbs. left in hopper)

Burn time – 24 hours (approx.)

NOTES:
    Donated by Will
    I believe these were in the $250 range?
    Lots of fines in the bag

This was just the second time I cut a test short so I’ll just start with the good. These smell great, like fresh cut plywood, but that’s where it ends. Pellets ranged from bits and pieces up to 1.5”. The pellets are not very dense as I didn't have much room left in the hopper after filling it. Definitely seems like all softwood. The pellets hang on to each other and do not slide well so I had a major issue with the pellets funneling in the hopper. Ash was a very fine light grey. Ash volume was more than I had expected based off of last year’s test. These produced a dirty burn for me and the glass had a nasty brown film on it.

All in all I couldn't squeeze good heat out of these even at a high feed rate. When your sister company manufactures pallets and wooden crates and such you have to wonder if the scraps are turned into pellets. It’s bad when equine bedding pellets tops these by a mile. These are 2 stars (and that might be generous)

Disclaimer: As with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0638.jpg IMAG0639.jpg IMAG0628.jpg IMAG0630.jpg IMAG0640.jpg IMAG0641.jpg IMAG0637.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.