In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Earth Stove 101

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by Ultimateflyfisher, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Ultimateflyfisher

Ultimateflyfisher

Does this model have a fire brick lined bottom. I see that the walls do. I bought this house in Solo, Missouri with the Earth Stove not know much about the stove. It looked like a used stove in good condition with the owner acknowledging that it assisted a heat pump for heating the house. We've used it for about two weeks and I now thought that if the sides are lined with brick why not the bottom. I thought there must be some out there who have this stove. Thanx ahead of time for the replies.

2. jetjr

jetjr

No experience with an earth stove but I thought the same thing about my all nighter. After a GOOD cleaning I realized it did in fact have fire brick in the bottom. A lot of times ash fills in the cracks and makes it all blend together when you look in. Read about this some other places as well.

rookie1 and My IS heats my home like this.
  3. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

IS is the same way, a firebrick floor.

Ultimateflyfisher and jetjr like this.
  4. Ultimateflyfisher

Ultimateflyfisher

Thanx. A closer inspection revealed fire brick. My bad.

fox9988 likes this.