In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Dust Mask for loading/cleaning out OWB

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by Blstr88, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Blstr88

Blstr88

Wanted to share a product I found that I find particularly good for use with my OWB.

Every year I leave a cheap white dust mask out at my boiler to use when Im loading or cleaning out ash to prevent myself from inhaling all the dust/ash...but they're cheap and cumbersome so I very often try to just do it without breathing in too much dust (holding my breathe, looking away for breathes, etc). However, every single year I inevitably breathe in too much junk and end up with a bunch of phlegm/hacking cough for a few weeks!

This Christmas, my wife bought me this product: www.RZ Reusable Air Filtration Masks 888.777.9422

It's a tougher neoprene mask that uses replaceable filter elements underneath to filter out the dust.

First, I'll say mine is very comfortable! I could wear it all day if I had to. I find breathing through it very easy and it seals around my mouth very well. Another thing I really love is that its a single strap with velcro to strap it on, so its very easy to strap on over a hat or sunglasses. Because its quick and easy to put on and so comfortable I find I throw it on everytime Im out working the boiler which is great! A mask won't help if its not on.

Anyway, just wanted to share for any OWB guys. Breathing in all that ash can't be good for you and having a simple easy mask to throw on is worth its weight in gold.

This simple black neoprene M1 Mask is what I have and it works great.

[​IMG]

Casper and Rush Battle like this.