In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Drolet Heatpro Replacement Coming Soon, Maybe?

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by Monkeysocks, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Monkeysocks

Monkeysocks

So, this is just speculative guessing on my part, but has anyone heard anything about if Drolet is planning to add a bigger EPA 2020 Approved furnace to the lineup soon?
    I came across a website for a store in Ontario that is currently selling them at a significant discount. What really caught me eye was that they are listed as factory ordered, meaning the store is not just clearing out onsite stock, but rather Drolet is dropping the price?
    Of course, they could also just be planning to drop the line entirely and liquidating stock, but a guy can hope.
    I'd really like to upgrade, but given my setup, I want something bigger than the Heat Commander.
    upload_2022-3-10_8-45-42.png

wildwest likes this.
  2. Monkeysocks

Monkeysocks

On a related note, does anyone have experience on crossing the border with a non-EPA approved appliance?
    I know a manufacturer cannot sell it in the USA, but would Border Control hassle me if I popped up to Thunder Bay while visiting the north shore and brought one back? I'd probably have to declare it and possibly pay some duties on it, but would the EPA issue keep them from letting me bring it in?
    The Federal EPA rules don't ban sale or even installation of used stoves, those bans are on a state by state basic and only a few have rules about it.

Horkn likes this.
  3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

From what I understand, no.
    They just raised it the first of the year, so I doubt it.
    Nah, these just came out, they are heavily invested in getting them EPA certified, there is no new model coming (other than the PSG Caddy version with optional fuel oil backup)
    No, but sounds like a real hassle. I'd just order one from their factory store the next time they put 'em on sale ($2-300 off) and then use your 26% tax credit to knock the cost down further (including install costs)
    HEAT COMMANDER WOOD FURNACE

Horkn likes this.
  4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Just to be clear, they are still making the HP and Tundra II, but only for use in Canada...I don't think you could bring one in here.
    The HC is a lil bigger than the Tundra and has higher heat output, so they say there is very little market for anything bigger than a HC.

wildwest and Horkn like this.
  5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

The way material prices are going up, I don't see prices going down much, if at all, on any wood furnaces (lots of steel there)...only going up, and fast.

Horkn likes this.
  6. Horkn

Horkn

Unfortunately, yes. That's all I see.

brenndatomu likes this.
  7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu