In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Issue Donations to the site?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by HDRock, May 20, 2014.

1. HDRock

HDRock

I'm sure there are costs for site maintenance etc. , and I would like to make a donation.
    All I need is a PayPal account to send it to..
    For everyone else, if you have 10- 20 bucks laying around, what the heck, I think it could add up and help out.
    For many of us this is our home away from home on the Web :)

clemsonfor, smoke show and Chvymn99 like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

HD you seem to be in a good mood this morn. I think if money ever became an issue, going to advertising would be the first direction of support.

HDRock and clemsonfor like this.
  3. Stinny

Stinny

I'll bet it's something Scotty and the guys have talked about. Maybe not. No idea how much it costs to use the format. If it's possible, donations might be the best way to go with this FHC site. Lots of good folks who, as HD said have made this their web home... would be more than happy to help with expenses. Advertising might change the "grassroots" feel of this awesome place. It's a good point tho... it prolly ain't free... :axe:

4. swags

swags Moderator

Thanks for the offer guys, Scotty and the original Mods paid the original cost for the site. For now I think we are good but really appreciate the offer. If the needs arises we will definitely discuss what is best. Sponsors or donations.

milleo, Pallet Pete, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  5. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

HD- appreciate the thought dude.

Chvymn99, HDRock, clemsonfor and 2 others like this.
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

HD, we appreciate the generous thought for sure.

Swags is right, we got off the ground thanks to Scotty and a donation from the original mods for software. We have discussed upgrades to the site and as far as cost, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. We have had no problem keeping the lights on here for sure but rest assured that if the need arises, we will consult the membership as to how we should raise the funds.

I personally agree with Stinny and enjoy the grassroots feel we have here. That means supporting the site with staff/member contributions (voluntary of course) rather than advertising which can take away from the look and feel we have established.

7. firecracker_77

firecracker_77

I would donate. I spend a lot of time on here as well.

8. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Really, the time and content you guys put into the site is what is the most valuable thing you can give. It is what makes the site grow, by attracting web searches related to the subjects you are posting about. I know I love seeing the equipment/chainsaw portion of the forum grow and we get more and more content everyday. The same things are happening in the stove and wood forums, you buy a new stove, post a couple pics, and then Google/Bing/etc. point someone searching for a "new xxxxxx stove" to the content you just posted. They sign up and we all start talking stoves and firewood, and the rest is history.

G2G's are going to be a BIG part of boosting the already fantastic camaraderie we have going here @ FHC. Asking around about organizing these events and having a few materialize a year makes the bonds we start here, personal and permanent. People will check back to see how so-and-so is doing, since they met at that G2G a few months back.... I know I made some friends last weekend that were a lot more than just internet pen pals to me. I'm positive I wasn't the only one either. ;)

Carry on my FHC friends. :campfire:

9. Stinny

Stinny

Great post Mech... you're a class act...

mdavlee, Chvymn99, HDRock and 2 others like this.
  10. firecracker_77

firecracker_77

I'm looking for some Ohio guys with hotrod saws to carpool to my G2G. I would like to meet all of those guys and anyone else that is not running up against geographical limitations.

mdavlee, DexterDay and clemsonfor like this.
  11. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Love to see an east coast gtg maybe a bit closer than 10 hrs to me!!

milleo and Stinny like this.
  12. HDRock

HDRock

Okay , if donations become necessary, you know I'm in :)

13. Gary_602z

Gary_602z

I would rather donate. Packing my wife up right now, just need an address, only thing I ask is to please send back the bubble wrap!:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

Gary

swags, mdavlee, HDRock and 6 others like this.
  14. Certified106

Certified106

Wow, I hope she isn't on this forum :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

mdavlee, Chvymn99 and Stinny like this.
  15. Stinny

Stinny

OMG... :rofl: :lol:...

mdavlee, Chvymn99 and clemsonfor like this.
  16. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

I am gonna look into it when I go back to work.

I REALLY want to come. I will only be bringing 2 or 3 saws. And all will be ported ;) . If I can get the Friday? I will secure a SUV or truck via Enterprise. Because my truck will likely hit the auction block before it hits the road. :(

Chvymn99 and clemsonfor like this.
  17. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

I agree completely with all the other mods! You guys are fantastic! The content here is like no other site and we are not influenced by advertisers to push their products. Your likes, dislikes, experiences that's what matters to us and why we started this place. This thread just shows how awesome a group of people we have here. ( keep your wife Gary you'll be hungry soon ) :rofl: :lol: if we ever changed from being about you guys and went to adds all over and pushing products I would be gone as I am sure a lot of you would be too. It's a great family atmosphere and it is honestly due to you guys! There is so much self moderating and clean environment that all of you help keep it is just amazing... I am more than happy to pitch in out of pocket again for you guys to have a a place to come enjoy, learn, chat and make friends if that's what it takes. It's a true honor to be a mod with all the other guys here! So thanks to all of you for making FHC what it is!

18. Stinny

Stinny

Wow... thanks again Pete. You guys started something good here... :yes:

Pallet Pete likes this.
  19. lukem

lukem

If there's ever anything I can do to help the site, monetarily or otherwise, please let me know. I'm more than just willing.

Until that day comes I'll just contribute with dull whit and limited expertise.

20. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

:thumbs:

Stinny likes this.