In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Crappy situation

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Woodwhore, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

My buddy went to a house that he tried to do the right thing for a guys family that supposedly didnt have the money but needed heat. He also waited a while for them but they wouldnt pay. Didnt answer calls or txt either. So he dumped a load of horse chit in the driveway, told the guy very nicely he would be back in a few days with another. Guy had his car at the end of the driveway so my buddy backed up to the lawn and front door- guy ran out with an envelope. Anyone else ever get stiffed?

2. jrider

jrider

That's awesome!

3. chris

chris

ya - Corporate accounts

4. Easy Livin' 3000

Easy Livin' 3000

I would love a couple of loads of horse chit dumped in my driveway. It'd go right into the garden. One man's trash... .

5. Kimberly

Kimberly

Not for wood but for website work. I now only do it in instalments. I too would love to get some horse chit or cow chit dumped even in the drive; that stuff is expensive in the plastic bags.

6. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

When I was 19 for mother’s day we brought 8 yards of composted horse manure for my mother’s garden and rotor tilled it in.. had to be wheel barrow from drive to garden took most of the weekend..

my uncle, her brother, showed up Sunday to give her some plants.. He asked what I gave his sister.. I said chit.. :heidi:

He felt bad when they went into garden to plant plants and his sister showed him her best present :cool::rofl: :lol:

7. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

I learned about big accounts fixing heavy equipment string you out then short pay But the best story I was at a job in north jersey once I was fixing a excavator for the concrete contractor when the owner of the building shows up he had not paid his bills for a while the concrete contractor kept him busy on one side of the job they were discussing his not paying on my side of the job the owner of the property had parked his new caddy when the concrete truck shows up the foreman who worked for the concrete contractor walked over to the truck handed the driver a envelope the driver swings his chute into the window of the caddy and filled it up it was the best payback for not getting paid yet I ever saw JB

8. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

You really do not want horse chit in your garden cow is what you want horse chit just grows weeds unless it has been composted untill its almost dirt horses pass all the seeds where cows process them better I know my CHIT :D:bug:I made the mistake of spreading horse manure on my hayfield once took a lot to get the weeds never had that problem with cow manure JB

9. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Yes. Several years ago, a friend of mind referred me to his neighbor for firewood. The neighbor was moving and needed wood for the new place. Problem was it was 45 minutes away and he needed more than a half cord. I think it was three trips? My friend talked me into it. and i discounted the price. I even stacked some of it in the back yard for free. He was a nice guy, or so i thought. Paid me some, wouldnt return my calls, finally mails a check and made it out wrong. Promised to send another and never did. Claimed hard times. I finally gave up. If he was straight up and told me what was going on i wouldve worked with him. My friend was no help and isnt a "friend" anymore.
    I like the truckload of chit idea though.

10. XXL

XXL

Sometimes having so called "friends" avoid you because they owe you money is money well spent IMHO :whistle:

11. farmer steve

farmer steve

Another problem with horse chit is possible chemical carryover . Horse people want weed free hay and the hay farmer's use a weed herbicide that doesn't breakdown even after going through the horse. My neighbor found out the hard way after the manure he used killed hundreds of tomato plants. Sorry for the derail OP.

12. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

Yes forgot about that but we digress from the original topic " Chit Happens ":D

brenndatomu likes this.
  13. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

You wouldn't want it if you were this guy with a tiny lot and barely any lawn or yard. I know my buddy he’s not right in the head, he would have kept dumping at all different times until he got paid or they haul him off to jail.

14. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

Ohh ya thats fantastic