In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Craftsman tool warranty??

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by clemsonfor, Feb 28, 2021.

1. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Since there no longer is sears and that Craftsman seems to be sold everywhere now a days I thought the old tools would not be covered of they did what I though I was hearing they were doing at the end, requiring a receipt to exchange. I started looking and heard Lowe's would exchange them if they had a similar item in stock. I know the new ones are Made in China. But anyway to the point. I have a craftsman adjustable wrench that I found. I swear it use to work, but recently the wheel was locked up and not adjustable. I looked up lowes online craftsman warranty and they said they would honor it. Said nothing about a receipt. So I took it in today. They said go get the new one. And they exchanged it no questions asked. The new one is way bulkier than the old one, I guess to make up for inferior chinese steel? Not that I would use an adjustable in a tight space but if you wanted too this won't help much. I snapped a pic before I left. Both agree 10" adjustment Craftsman. The thin one is original Sears one and the new is from Lowe's. IMG_20210228_160519915.jpg

2. RIburn

RIburn

I will have to give Lowe’s a shot. I went into my local Ace a few weeks ago. They were clearing out on Craftsman stock and remnants. Discount wasn’t best. Anyway, I have a ratchet that literally worked for about 5seconds - honestly. Asked to do an exchange. They were a little aggregated- not at me - but at Craftsman. The manager said they weren’t getting reimbursed on replacements and were losing money on honoring the lifetime warranty.

JackHammer and clemsonfor like this.
  3. Warner

Warner

The all /16’s is my favorite tool!

it’s the same with snap on. You break a pair of pliers or a screwdriver they give you the new model. Kinda sucks!

4. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I’ve done this as well. I broke a breaker bar and with no alternative, I went to Lowe’s. I’m not at all happy about chinesium, but I have a lot of Craftsman tools that i can’t afford to replace so I’m stuck.
    5A67242B-5748-43EB-A5CE-9D36025981A7.jpeg
    Im sure I have a pic of the break somewhere, can’t find it now. This bar wasn’t much different than the original US made one. It was the piece that goes in the socket that snapped.

clemsonfor likes this.
  5. RIburn

RIburn

I like the prominent “warning - wear eye protection” - makes you wonder when it’s going to shatter...

6. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I love my Harbor Freight stuff. BUT I know what I bought and but it at amazing prices for decent stuff. If I had purchased a made in USA tool that had a lifetime warranty that broke and was replaced with a china tool I probably would feel different.

This wrench I think I literally found on the side of the road or in front of my house or something...so it's no big deal to me.

RIburn and The Wood Wolverine like this.
  7. Timberdog

Timberdog

Is that one of those metric crescent wrenches?
    :rofl: :lol:

Ronaldo and RIburn like this.