Corona virus- what say you?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Greenstick, Feb 5, 2020.

?

Corona virus..... Is it?

1. A-it's hype

7.2%
  2. B-it's bad but it happens naturally every so often

52.6%
  3. C-it's really bad but was an accidental escape of an engineered virus

17.5%
  4. D-its an engineered virus that was intentionally released

15.5%
  5. E-this is beyond fathom how bad its going to get to prop up martial law/UN global authority.

7.2%
  1. Greenstick

Greenstick

Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    What is your take on the China virus? A lot of hype, is it an escaped bio weapon, is it just a bad flu bug? What say you?

2. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

I read a news article last week that world wide at that point 1,700 people had died due to the china flu. 8,000 people in the U.S. died of the regular flu in the same time period. Cannot locate my source to be able to cite it. Not taking anything away from the tragedy of 9,700 people dying. Just a comparison.

Bad news sells.

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

490 have died in China as of today, with 24,324 infected. Those are just the official numbers. The mortality rate is about 2% , with men over 60 with preexisting conditions like diabetes and heart disease most at risk of death.
    Very very bad for the people of China, the Chinese economy, and potentially its government.

4. fox9988

fox9988

^:yes:

jo191145, JoeinO, Screwloose and 4 others like this.
  5. rottiman

rottiman

I think I'll just stick close to home and stay away from crowds of people........................ Being retired and not have a need to be a "social butterfly" I'll try to keep a low profile until the media decided to hype something else up........................................:yes:

6. papadave

papadave

Well, we went shopping in the big little city a couple days ago, so I hope there weren't any Wuhanians nearby.....or anyone who's been to Wuhan, or anyone who's had contact with anyone who's been to Wuhan.
    Maybe we should have just stayed home. :hair:
    This thing has been attributed to at least a couple different sources. Latest is bats.
    All info. from the media, so there's that.

7. Horkn

Horkn

My advice, right now don't go on a cruise ship, or fly if you don't have to.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  8. Midwinter

Midwinter

9. Kimberly

Kimberly

It is not hype of course. Time will tell how serious the outbreak will be. It has already passed the SARS outbreak. First, we need to remember that China is a communist state; I think people have forgotten that. Video leaks are showing more deaths than the official China state report. I am seeing people here walking around in surgical masks. While the US government is quarantining anyone coming into the US from China for 14 days; there are people coming in that may be bypassing the official channels. Of course the southern border is wide open to people bringing the virus in from outside the US. The problem with the current atmosphere in the US is everyone is afraid of being called racist or xenophobic and thus, nothing was done to block travel from China.

10. fox9988

fox9988

Look for the money trail.

tamarack, JoeinO, Screwloose and 7 others like this.
  11. fox9988

fox9988

On second thought, this thread will go the way the climate thread went. Sorry to comment and then bail out but I don’t come to FHC for sensationalism.

Chaz, NH mountain man, JoeinO and 8 others like this.
  12. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage

Switch from Corona to Bud Lite.

jo191145, Chaz, Marshel54 and 14 others like this.
  13. rottiman

rottiman

upload_2020-2-5_12-48-36.jpeg

14. Kimberly

Kimberly

The good thing is that we have the CDC; they are working on a vaccine; although that won't be available for awhile. The first person to person transmittance of the disease in the US was from a wife to her husband after the wife returned from a trip to China. I don't think this will become a serious health threat in the US no more than EBOLA did. I do fault the government for not placing a travel ban as soon as knowledge of the seriousness of the virus became known. Think about it for a minute; one person could possibly infect an aeroplane of 200 with the virus; those 200 then spread out through the US infecting others. It is key to limit travel from a country with a serious outbreak of any communicable disease; especially one with such a long incubation period.

jo191145, Nick&Lissa, JoeinO and 3 others like this.
  15. billb3

billb3

It is what it is - purportedly a mutated virus that crossed over from [bats]
    It's good that they are trying to contain it with WALLS and barriers.
    The potential for this becoming much worse a la the Spanish Flu ( which may or may not have also had an origin in China - they just don't know )
    which they theorize mutated one more time in the wild causing a much more virulent and deadly strain to be passed around - is real.

IMO, these news stories from the mainstream media touting the current flu epidemic in this country with the insane logic that our flu has already killed 10,000 therefore we shouldn't be worried about the current carona virus in China is absurd. What we don't need is another epidemic on top of the one we already have. WTF. You'd think these insane authors want people to die.

When the flues and virii are going around, including norovirus in the Winter, keep your hands clean, for chrisakes wash your hands after you've been anywhere near a toilet and keep your fingers out of your and other peoples orifices.

jo191145, Nick&Lissa, JoeinO and 7 others like this.
  16. Midwinter

Midwinter

Even if neither you nor anyone you know gets the coronavirus, it can still affect you economically.

17. Kimberly

Kimberly

Yes, you are correct; when a person comes in with an upper respiratory infection and dies, they don't always do a check for a particular flu virus in their system. If the person had the symptoms, such as high fever, etc., they will often report it as flu without actually doing a clinical test. This of course will inflate the numbers. How many times have you heard someone claimed they had the flu when they just had the common cold? I often ask, "Did you have a fever of 104?" They will often say "No," which indicates they didn't have the flu.

18. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Either an accidental or purposeful bio weapon is my thoughts on it. I looked deep into a rabbit hole.

Edit..... you should have your questions as a poll at the top. :yes:

19. tree killer

tree killer

Gonna say Molly, it probably isn’t hurting their economy government. They seem to steal our economy to make it their own. And government you just can’t believe anything, that’s all censored .

20. Horkn

Horkn

It's totally impacting the economy. China's and everyone else's.

Ask Elon musk today. Stocks of Tesla went down 20% today due to the corona virus.

Oil and gas prices are down due to the corona virus.

The list goes on....

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    jo191145, Nick&Lissa, JoeinO and 4 others like this.