In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Coonan

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by WildWildWest, Dec 25, 2015.

1. WildWildWest

WildWildWest

Was looking to buy a Coonan 357 mag in the compact model. 9mm just so wimpy I am really a 44 mag guy but Desert Eagle is just overkill. Anyone ever shoot one of these. port-com-ss-swg_A.jpg

Beetle-Kill and wildwest like this.
  2. unclefess

unclefess Guest

how about a 10mm nothing wimpy with that ? but if you need a rimmed auto look at this

wildwest likes this.
  3. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Had a 10MM, Delta combat in 90s after 500 rounds barrel warped said it was common. Gun that can't shoot straight is worthless Did they fix those early problems

Horkn and wildwest like this.
  4. unclefess

unclefess Guest

never heard of that but there were frame issues with the early delta elites ,they were series 80 style ,they made changes and went back to some series 70 options and minor frame changes and that fixed it ,colt was a bit quick bringing it out ( it was the second ten mm ,the first was the bren and it never made it to full production ) the original ammo was very hot ,the fbi adopted the 10 mm after the miami shootout because they wanted more power ,them realized to many agents could not handle it ,so them they came up with the 10mm lite ( a lighter load ) them they realized a lite load could be in a smaller case in a smaller griped gun and the 40 cal was born ,this all happened very quickly ,the success of the 40 cant be disputed ,modern 10mms can handle the pressures but most ammo is on the light side unless you get it from the specialty companies like corbon or buffalo bore etc. or carefully load your own ,www asked about a 357 auto ,i just mentioned the 10 as a good option that would be in the same power range.

wildwest likes this.
  5. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Never shot a Coonan, but I've fondled a few. Didn't fit me, but I have small hands. I checked the prices on GB- whoa!
    This will come down to a want vs. what I need.

edit- If it would work for you-
    www.cdnnsports.com
    para warthog .45 ACP on special. SS with extra mags.- $699
    It's a handful but pretty cool.
    Anymore, I tend to look at them like a car. If something goes wrong, how easy is it to get a replacement part? Coonan,....hmmmmm..

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    wildwest likes this.
  6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:bug::jaw::hair:

7. Horkn

Horkn

Just get a .40 s&w chambered gun. 9s are a bit wimpy for ornery critters, a 40 will fix that issue, and allow a higher magazine capacity compared to a 45.

wildwest likes this.