In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Controller for pellet stove......Thanks Snowy !!

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by rafmt, Jan 26, 2021.

1. rafmt

rafmt

84DB239C-3041-4F20-B4CF-6F5DEBB667F3.jpeg 1E9F30A1-69A6-47FC-99F7-3CC26579E7C1.jpeg i have been dragging this stove around with me for a while now. It is real heavy but the old controller board was bad. It is a pel-tech. After finding parts and pieces from Snowy’s thread I got this all wired up. It has a timer that has an on time and an off time. I am running 8 seconds off and anywhere from 1 second on to 8 seconds on. One thing I like about this stove is it has what was called a versa-grate. The bottom of the burn pot would slowly slide back and forth a couple inches. It keeps the burn pot clean.this stove doesn’t have an igniter but my next project will be to wire up the one shot relay. I wonder if it will take another 6 years

2. JZM2CC

JZM2CC

Great job on saving an old unit! It looks like a St Croix of sorts. I second the comment about the Versa- grate design. Our Prescott St Croix goes weeks without needing a burnpot cleaning on pellets, neat design.

ivanhoe, Ssyko, don2222 and 3 others like this.
  3. don2222

don2222

The versa grate is a good design, the stove is made for corn or wood pellets so the holes in the bottom grate are 3/32” in diameter for the smaller corn. Since we only burn wood pellet around here I got another bottom grate and drilled out every other hole to 1/8” diameter which is optimized for wood pellets. It is a high ash pot now. :) Also the new versa motors are ball bearing motors and nice and quiet.
    I also got a zerk fitting like the versa motor has and put Greasing an auger motor with a noisy gearbox with red high temperature greaseit on my auger motor and keep them greased once a year for longer life!
    I also wanted to see if the low limit snap disc was working so I made a test jig for it,

Also on the St Croix Prescott got a new bracket for the versa motor and drilled it so I could install a regular full size auger motor to see if it would work. Works great! Now would a 2 or 3 RPM motor work better?
    Just my 2 cents. :)

ivanhoe and Ssyko like this.
  4. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Sweet deal....
    Looks like a great controller.
    When you do the start up system...post pics...

Thanks for sharing.

ivanhoe likes this.