In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Columbus Day Load.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by clemsonfor, Oct 13, 2020.

1. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I had the day off and got a bunch done today.

Here is the load of wood I cut yesterday afternoon. I'm thinking the rounds were around 26"-28" diameter before I busted them into quarters to carry up. There were a few smaller rounds, some which I went ahead and just split to firewood size while there.

I guess I should add that this is white oak. What kind of Forester would I be if I didn't identify it. It has been on the ground for a year and died the prior year I think? I have lost track at this point. The upper branches are pretty much gone, and the outer sapwood especially where it was on the ground is punky but the heat is all solid. Maybe an inch or two on half the big rounds is punky and I tried to knock as much as I quickly could off.
    IMG_20201012_154012344_HDR.jpg
    I used my Peavy that someone gave me:D:santa::ups::banana:. And the fiskars splitting maul I essentially won from a raffle on OPE a year or two ago. IMG_20201012_154021794_HDR.jpg

2. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

3. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Fantastic! :yes: I got into some white oak rounds while splitting this past weekend. Smelled soooo good!

4. billb3

billb3

I <3 that truck.

5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Sweet! Did you also throw some wood in the truck?

Midwinter and yooperdave like this.
  6. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Nah. It was getting toward the end of the day and that was about all the wood I wanted to carry for the day. I just unhooked the trailer. I split a few wheel barrow loads up yesterday quickly and removed some of the smaller splits and started to stack them. I usually will get a trailer load first cause of this reason. I'm kind of lazy and don't feel like throwing it out and I don't like to leave trucks loaded if possible....trailer, I don't care about. Haha

billb3 and Backwoods Savage like this.