In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cleanfire Harwoods, Vt

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by vtktm802, Oct 31, 2020.

1. vtktm802

vtktm802

While picking up Lacrete's to I noticed our local feed and tack store had cleanfire hardwoods.
    Birch is what is on the bags. Had to give them a shot. Zero dark thirty this am it was 13 degrees :hair:
    It's on it's way folks..........:pete: Just fired up. Have the clean fire's roasting down in the cave....

ttdberg, PelletHound and slvrblkk like this.
  2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

3. vtktm802

vtktm802

+ 1 on the clean fire hardwoods, may have found a decent hardwood. Stove temp up 25 degrees.
    Keeping the shack 67 degrees. Current od temp is 26. Trick or treat .
    Will see how they do when sheet hits the fan.....

ttdberg and slvrblkk like this.
  4. bogieb

bogieb

I got some of those off CL this summer. I ran some thru the P43, and they seemed to be pretty good as far as heat and ash, but not as good as Cubex (unfortunately I didn't think to get a temp reading off the P43, but it "felt" hotter than MWP's). The rest of the CF's are going thru the P61a because it loves hardwoods. I would certainly buy them if they aren't past my price point.

I upped the P43 to Fireside Platinums (some of the hottest pellets I've run in that stove) - only because at this time of year I keep the basement at 65-66*, so the P43 works harder to keep the main floor at 69*. Once the cold gets into the ground, I up the temp downstairs so I get warm floors.