In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Circular Pump for long run

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by monko, Oct 29, 2020.

1. monko

monko

I'm trying to add heat to my shop I got 1" thermopex burried I'm ready to get a pump I have a central boiler 6048 IV always used taco 007 pumps for my other runs. This time my shop is uphill from my stove it's 400ft apart with about 30ft of lift. What pump would be best? The tech support at central boiler said to stack two 009 pumps together but I can't find anything online about stacking pumps together. Yes I know it's a long run and I'm going to use more wood... Any info on what pump/pumps I should go with would be greatly appreciated KIMG0322.JPG KIMG0322.JPG

boettg33 likes this.
  2. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

I have the same stove as you & have heard of putting 009s at the building & stove together. I also understand taco came out with a new pump specifically for OWBs & longer runs it is a
    Taco 2400-20WB-3P
    A great source for information on what your trying to do is a company in CT called Alternative Heating & Supplies they are extremely helpful give them a call. The fellow I spoke with was Eric & he was very knowledgeable. They’re phone number is 203-881-1602

brenndatomu likes this.
  3. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

I just noticed your from PA as well. What part? I’m in Northeast Pennsylvania. Not to far from the Poconos & Scranton.

brenndatomu likes this.
  4. monko

monko

Thanks I will give them a call.

I'm north Central I'm up above williamsport by the ny boarder

TurboDiesel likes this.
  5. monko

monko

I called them up and they recommended the taco 2400 20wb they were very helpful thanks farmchuck

Farmchuck likes this.
  6. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Glad they were able to help you. Let us know how it works out. I would be particularly interested to see how much your wood consumption increases. We burn a lot of wood in our 6048 but we are heating a lot. Thanks.

7. monko

monko

Got taco 2400 20wb pump installed and fired up stove yesterday, took some work to get the air out of the lines but everything seems to be working great! Altogether the total loop is approximately 950 feet 35ft uphill running through two radiators for forced hot air In two sections of my shop it's 1" line, still to early to tell on wood consumption but doesn't seem any worst that when the stove was only 20ft from shop KIMG0516.JPG

campinspecter likes this.
  8. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Glad you got it hooked up let us know how it works for you.

9. JustWood

JustWood Guest

Ya keep us informed.
    I need to really dig into the why of my system not making enough heat for my place

10. monko

monko

Everything is working great I'm only feeding stove once a day so far. When we got the snow the other day it didn't melt the ground where my boiler lines are. The underground line I used was 8$ a foot and I believe it's as good as themopex from what I can tell. Just need to get some more wood cut now! KIMG0528.JPG

Farmchuck likes this.