In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Casting Call

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Boog, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boog

Boog

I'm looking for a few Hoarder members who would be interested in "Staring" in the production of a pilot video for a new type of "sportsman/political" show. The filming will involve a day of Brown Trout fishing on Lake Ontario in the waters between Wilson Harbor and the Niagara River. This would be edited down to a one hour show. Participants need to possess strong political views on either side of the isle, and the ability to convey those opinions as "a common man/woman". There will be some structured elements to the dialogue here and there to keep things flowing and on track, but for the most part it will be off the cuff "Car-Talk/Duck Commander" bantering back and forth while hauling in fat football shaped Browns. Participants need to be able to sling a good zinger and take a poking back in the ribs without resorting to meltdowns and name calling and such. I'm tentatively looking at the end of April but that may be ambitious. An acquaintances 27' Boston Whaler will be the platform for the event. I already have some "political" folks who know how to fish, now looking for "fisherman" who are interested in politics.

Two other episodes involving Turkey hunting and wood hoarding activities are being sketched out.

TBONE, Elvisss222, Deadwood and 2 others like this.
  2. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Not to many political views, but I am in for the fishing and I can BS with the best of them!! Lol

Boog, Jack Straw and Horkn like this.
  3. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I'd love to watch that!

Deadwood likes this.
  4. yooperdave

yooperdave

5. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

That's an interesting idea Boog ....
    Now as for taking a poke....I see a loose irony below:whistle:
    :rofl: :lol:
    :D

Sounds like the M.O. of a voluntarily well run farwood hoarding club forum.... :wacky:
    :handshake:

TBONE, WeldrDave, Deadwood and 3 others like this.
  6. Boog

Boog

To some extent that's exactly right! "Structured elements to the dialogue" refers to the half dozen or so key ideas that will be the basis of each show. "Structure" will only be there to make sure we remember to cover the key points in the heat of the action. The location, on the water on Lake Ontario near the Canadian border, will focus on issues of the greater niagara region, and great lakes in general. Where it differs totally is that its going to tackle subjects that some "voluntarily well run farwood hoarding club forums" are by choice designed to avoid. :wacky:

DSC_0018.JPG

These folks are smiling at me as they race by thinking I'm nuts fishing here in devil's hole in just a 16 footer. Those smiles will turn to terror quickly as they round the bend in the river above me and hit the great whirlpool! :thumbs:

DSC_1651.JPG

DSC_1652.JPG

Thor and Eric VW like this.
  7. Boog

Boog

Send me a PM so I'll have your phone number. ;)

8. yooperdave

yooperdave

I'd be willing to bet that the fishing would be even better without the discussions!

9. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

I better get some :popcorn: going.....

10. Boog

Boog

6 out of 7 days of the week that would be the truth! However this is not a fishing trip, its an educational program.

11. Boog

Boog

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

Some folks just can't resist "Stirring up the pot" ........... and they blame me. ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    bassJAM, Eric VW and yooperdave like this.
  12. Deadwood

Deadwood

Farwood. That's how a guy I know in Mizzura pronounces firewood. Farwood.

Corn-fed, Iowa bred.

Eric VW likes this.
  13. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Hope you guys don't catch any of these....
    IMG_0066.jpg

yooperdave and Jack Straw like this.
  14. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

This thread seems fishy...

walt, WeldrDave, yooperdave and 2 others like this.
  15. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Oh...no...you dint....No wait- you did.:rofl: :lol:
    :D

16. Boog

Boog

Ok, thanks folks, I've seen what I need to see. One person interested in participating, one person would want to watch it. The rest of the folks are just here for the laughs.

I've spoken before about how I've been to Chernobyl in 92. As a radiation safety expert, I saw the opportunity to step up, offer my assistance to the people of the newly independent Ukraine, and maybe make a small difference to mankind. The potential repercussions of their problem for the rest of us was too big to ignore. Fast forward to today and what do I see. My own country heading down the tubes into something that my daughters are going to have to live with. My show, in its own small way, is just another attempt in life to help make things better for mankind through engagement and education.

Time to call it a wrap with this place and move on to the task at hand. A lot of great folks here, that's for sure. You're just not doing anything here that I see as important anymore. Figure I don't have a whole lot of time left in this world and I'm not going to waste any more of it here. Thanks for the memories!

17. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Have you contacted ole spidey over on AS...he'd fit the criterion.

Felter likes this.
  18. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Have fun! Thanks for downtalking us and what a chithole we've turned into, all because we don't let the politics in here to ruin it......

I can feel the sarcasm, especially when it's directed at me and others who've donated countless hours of their personal time for no monetary gain to try and offer a hate-less place to escape to after a long day of worldly garbage. I appreciate your criticism and negativity towards what I and others have tirelessly tried to accomplish here. Good luck with your show.

19. Gasifier

Gasifier

This is what I see is part of the problem.

It's not as much politics, and the discussion of the subject, as it is with some people having a negative and/or sometimes paranoid attitude. For decades I have listened to and watched many folks talk about how this world is going to hell in a hand basket. Well, no, I'm happy to say, it's not.

And don't get me wrong, I have jumped on the band wagon myself from time to time. Easy to do. But it is as much people's interpretation of the media's reporting that just makes them think it is. The media reports what they feel gets them the most viewers. Most times as fast as they can so they can claim the "exclusive" story reporters! Wow! And if making those stories more dramatic gets them higher ratings, weather it is the truth, the whole truth, or whole story, so it goes. More viewers, higher ratings, equals more advertising dollars. More money, more influence, more power.

Many people don't remember to think about every story in the proper context. Or representation of numbers of people they are reporting on. Just a small example. The media reports on protesters in "all these cities" around the United Statss. Well in all actuality there are several thousand or even tens of thousands of protesters on the streets. They have every right to protest. We live in a country where we are allowed to protest. Thankfully. But, the very few who are destroying other's properties are criminals. Not protesters. The ones who are throwing rocks and bottles at the LEOs are assaulting law enforcement officers and are criminals. They are breaking laws and should be arrested. But the next thing you know you here people saying that all these protesters are scum. Cowardly scum. Or you here others say the police are causing the problem by being dressed in riot gear. Neither is right.

The media never reports about the fact that there are 323 MILLION other people out their in these great United States that are not protesting. That are going to work every day. Going to school every day. Taking care of their loved ones, people they know, and in many instances caring for people they don't even personally know. (Teachers, doctors, nurses, neighbors, fire and rescue personnel, hell all 323 million of us! ) but the media doesn't report about those positive things. They are not dramatic enough.

They report about break ins, rapes, murders, etc. , on a daily basis. Makes it seem like it's going on everyday all over the place. Doesn't it? Only it's not. Think about the number of people who are actually criminals and committing these crimes. And how many it actually happens to. A very small number, in context to the overall population. What would you guess the percentage of the population is that are doing this? I would say less than 1/2 a percent. That leaves over 99.5 % of us doing and being good to each other! So in the United States, don't forget their are 323 million others out there doing good. Doing the right things.

Do we need to be aware of the ones doing the wrong things? YES. Do we need to keep an eye and ear open and take care of ourselves, our family, neighbors, and friends. YES!

But we don't need to have a negative, sometimes paranoid, view or outlook on the whole entire world because a very small percentage of the population is bad. Or because an even smaller, minutiae of the population has the ability to come into our homes via TV, radio, and now internet, and tell you what they think will get you to keep listening or watching. Not necessarily what would be the best things to be telling all of us.

Let's keep thinking for ourselves in a rational, calm, collective way without being overly dramatic, like a lot of the things we see on TV are.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Deadwood and TBONE like this.
  20. bassJAM

bassJAM

Sorry if you really are gone. I thought you did a good job keeping the thread neutral. Just mentioning the word "politics" shouldn't be taboo. I could see you were just fishing (see what I did there) for a few interested folks to take the discussion offline.

Unless there's some posts that the mods deleted, I can't see what the big deal is with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.