In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

By April, things begin to slow on the pellet front...

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by dotman17, Apr 12, 2019.

1. dotman17

dotman17

How 'bout for you? April/May are the shoulder seasons in PNW. I am burning significant less product these days.

2. Tullytown

Tullytown

Same here in the east. Barely burning at all. Now the midwest got 2 ft blizzards plus power outages so i assume lot of stoves are on generators ( if they have them)

dotman17 likes this.
  3. will711

will711

Yup stoves on only for a few hrs. in the evening to take the chill off . Man Cave stove runs a bit more that's the only heat source and 60 is not an acceptable temp for surfing the net or watching tv .

4. Birddog91

Birddog91

This is how I run my stove 60% of the season lol dont mind a chil and fire up early afternoon

5. dotman17

dotman17

100%

Our stove is downstairs where all my toys are. No cold fingers allowed.

Russell and will711 like this.
  6. bogieb

bogieb

Stoves aren't munching thru as much this last week or so. On non-cloudy days (rare), the main floor has been getting good solar gain, so the P43 sometimes only does any work at night.

I actually had a couple of windows cracked open yesterday afternoon. But, then they both fired up a couple of times overnight and will thru today as the warm temps were only a 1-day deal.

Russell and Harman Lover 007 like this.
  7. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Im still running my P61, because it predates autoignite, but am seriously considering upgrading the harness and circuit board to make it an -A version this summer upon my Spring cleaning

8. dotman17

dotman17

I wish I could do the same with my Accentra 52i. Great stove but I would like to shut it down for 6 hours at night and kick on like 6:00 a.m. or a wee bit earlier.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Russell and bogieb like this.
  9. bogieb

bogieb

I think you will love the convenience if you do the upgrade.

Russell likes this.
  10. dotman17

dotman17

I called the Harman folks who redirected me to my seller. Turns out their control panel cannot be retrofitted on the 52i stove I bought in 2017. Not surprising but a total bummer.

11. bogieb

bogieb

The one thing I dislike about Harman's is the OEM refuses to talk to the public. You have to go to a dealer, give them the info, then they call it in. Then when there are questions, you have a 3-way conversation going on. Seriously, when I need to know which hopper extension is correct (different depending on year, and if you are on a cusp year - the only way to tell is to call in the serial #), why do I have to go thru this rigmarole? Also had to have a dealer call to find out if I had bought a used and upgraded P38 (the seller was calling it a PP38++) or a P43 since both were punched on the metal tag :picard:.

Russell, PelletHound and dotman17 like this.
  12. dotman17

dotman17

It does seem silly. It's just another revenue generating mechanism for them I guess. Those suppliers have to go to classes I believe? I dunno. Good thing their products don't require a lot of attention.

Russell, PelletHound and bogieb like this.
  13. dotman17

dotman17

OMG. I forgot to fill the hopper last night and woke to a cold house. I was forced -- pistol whipped and all -- to turn on the furnace. There goes the budget, but I am pretty sure those vent spiders got fried or got flung up onto my ceilings.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019