In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bulk delivery

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by savemoney, Oct 4, 2013.

1. savemoney

savemoney

Anyone know of getting bulk delivery? Pro's and Con's?
    I have seen them advertised on tv for this area primarily for those with pellet furnaces.

2. 343amc

343amc

I haven't heard of it available in my area, but NG is plentiful around these parts. Except where I live.

My opinions:

Pros - probably cheaper, no bags to deal with, if you have an auto feed system you could most likely go a long time without doing much to the furnace/boiler.

Cons - a large storage bin outside or in the basement that could hold the pellets.

If it were available and I could save enough long term to pay for the storage system, I'd definitely consider it.

3. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Biggest con I see is limited brands offered and you'll need to dip into the kitty for a silo/storage bin. Limited dealers and no price competition.

4. Kinsman Stoves

Kinsman Stoves

The least amount of movement of the pellets is the best.

Eric

5. savemoney

savemoney

I looked into the local company who has bulk delivery in this area. First, no price point advantage. I find that odd. Second, to them, no brands, just all "premium" pellets. That's BS!