In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bike

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Woodsnwoods, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Woodsnwoods

Woodsnwoods

Anyone else see this? 85D76DB8-51F8-4EC7-AFF6-F0CB4154CEA0.jpeg

2. Chris F

Chris F

Interesting.
    I don't think I'd like to hear the sound of three of those for too long though riding down the highway.

3. Horkn

Horkn

This has to be close. A Kawasaki h1 3 cylinder 2 stroke.

I want to see how the chainsaw bike transferred the power from the saw powerheads to the rear wheel.

4. Fifelaker

Fifelaker

Those things didn't have throttles, they had triggers.

5. Thor

Thor

That was Horkn going out to get a load of wood with his Kawi Bayou he modified. :cool:

6. ErikR

ErikR

Needs more engines.......

Dolmar_chainsaw_motorcycle_1.jpg

Chazsbetterhalf, Thor, Chaz and 9 others like this.
  7. Horkn

Horkn

Lol.

The last Kawasaki I owned before my bayou, was the bike in that video.
    What's funny is that while that is pretty much the truth, the main issue was that the chassis sucked. The kawi I had after the h1 was a 78 kz 1000. That kz was quicker, and way more planted than that 2 stroke h1.

8. Fifelaker

Fifelaker

I never rode the H1 only the H3 500cc, but it was ported and had chambers. I played around for about 15 minuets, then pulled the trigger. The front wheel was off the ground through 4 gears when I looked at the speedo, it was at 135 mph with 2k rpm's left in forth and it still had 5th. When that thing came on the pipe it was ruthless. The owner lost it at over 100mph and looked like a mummy .

9. Fishnuts2

Fishnuts2

My riding buddy had a ported and piped 750 with a Dunstall fairing and seat. Watching this video brought back lots of grins from riding that thing.

But, as mentioned in a previous post, it was probably one of the worst handling bikes I have ever ridden. Point it straight, and pull the trigger, and hang on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. moresnow

moresnow

Oughta see that a H2 bike run with $4500 additional bucks in the motor:hair: Buddy of mine did it for a drag bike. See if I can find a vid. It was insane. People would cringe when he warmed up the tire! And when he left the line.

Horkn and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  11. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Gotta be the ugliest bike on planet earth! That’s a face only a mother could love.

12. moresnow

moresnow

Haaaaaa. Agreed. The bike my buddy built was completely custom built into a drag bike. Altered frame. Glass body/shell etc. Actually very sweet.

13. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

Ah, memories. Dad had an H1 that I would ride. Also picked up the Suzuki 750 Water Buffalo. Not near the bike the H1 was. He later picked up another but a previous owner found out he had it and bought it back. First bike I purchased was a 76 KZ900. Now have an 02 Goldwing that I should sell.

14. moresnow

moresnow

Another bike I was lucky to experience. Rocket. And to think my big bike today is a 650 thumper 4 stroke. Ahh yes. Back to the grandkids:)

15. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

It was nice, but no Z1-900 (I think that is correct).

Wild childhood days we had, amazing we survived. Still remember waking up one morning sore as heck but could remember anything. Found out I was racing a hotshot older kid when I went off the track and crashed in what we call a town ditch for flood control. Grew up on trail bikes and still miss them.

16. moresnow

moresnow

That's why I ride dual sport bikes now. Just cant get trail riding out of my blood. Took a trip out to Seattle on pavement last Aug. Turned around and rode xcountry all the way back to east of the Bighorns before hitting the pavement for home. That was a trail ride!

17. Horkn

Horkn

I had a 78 kz1000. It was an awesome bike. With that 4-1 kerker full system, it hauled.

Mine had spoked wheels, not the mags. Great bike, I sold it for a huge profit after riding it a few years.

18. fuelrod

fuelrod

Took my m/c license test on a borrowed Z 1, Hooker pipes and sure had more ball's than I did :rofl: :lol:.
    40+ years later, I wonder how that bike "stands up" to today's sport bikes. It's hard to imagine much more power, but not following that type of m/c any more I wouldn't be surprised if it's now considered "lame" by today's standards?

The Wood Wolverine and Horkn like this.
  19. Horkn

Horkn

Yeah, those old z1's and kz1000's were very fast for their day. While I never dyno'd my kz1000, I'm sure my "slow for a semi current literbike" would walk all over that kz in a straight line. Handling and braking wise, none of those old kawis can hold a candle to my 20 yr old literbike.

When I had my kz1000, I had a guy try to drag race me on a couple year old fz700 yamaha sport bike. That didn't end well for him.

Edit, 76 kz1000 was the fastest bike at that time, 12.19 at 107 mph. My slow literbike will do high 10's at worst at about 130 mph. When it was stock. Guys with light mods and experience can do mid to low 10's at 140 mph all day.

Stephiedoll likes this.
  20. Sourwood

Sourwood

been looking for one of those. Buddy had a two stroke 350 back in the day. Great sound

Fifelaker and The Wood Wolverine like this.