In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Back in action!

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Smokinpiney, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

Well back in late 2018 we started a large addition on our house and we had to disconnect and move the st Croix. Well hooking it back up in it's new location became a project that was put on the backburner. We finished the addition in early 2020 and today me and buddy got to hooking the ol girl back up. After freeing the stuck auger she fired right up and ran like a top. Sure feels good to be back in action for this upcoming winter. The dogs have already made themselves at home in front of it :rofl: :lol:. I have to touch up the paint on the top pipe. It got scratched up pretty good as it was moved around a few times in the shop.

20211018_133504.jpg
    20211018_171805.jpg

jtakeman, bogieb, Dpopps and 8 others like this.
  2. BHags

BHags

Nice! Is that a Hastings? It looks like my stove.

PelletHound, imacman and Smokinpiney like this.
  3. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

BHags it sure is. Bought it used maybe 7-8yrs ago. It needed a pretty good overhaul (it was neglected pretty bad) but it runs like a champ now.

jtakeman, bogieb, BHags and 2 others like this.
  4. BHags

BHags

Cool! Mine has to be 15 years old. I replaced both fans at the first squeaking sound, just out of caution. I'm also on my second burn pot, soon to be third. They warp and crack after a few years. I guess that's just basic maintenance. Other than that, I love the look of it, and it has never failed me!

5. bogieb

bogieb

I liked my Hastings for the 1 winter I had it. I got it used and it was, IIRC a 2008.

Biggest reason I switched out was because of the small hopper. In the really cold months, I would fill it to the brim before I left for work, and it would either have run out, or be feeding the last pellets when I got home 13-16 hours later. Using my stoves as the primary heat, that wasn't working so well for me.

I made my money back when I sold it - it is a great looking stove and heats well, just wasn't right for my circumstances.

6. BHags

BHags

Ya, even on the 2 setting, it's pretty much a 12 hour fire.

jtakeman, bogieb, PelletHound and 2 others like this.
  7. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

Yea it's definitely a small hopper. Ours is only used as secondary heat to take the chill out of the living room, kitchen and dining area. It works perfectly for that even on the coldest days.

jtakeman, bogieb and imacman like this.