In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Anyone have experience with a Hearthstone I stove?

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by paintblljnkie, Oct 9, 2019.

1. paintblljnkie

paintblljnkie

My dad fell in love with my Woodstock Soapstone stove and now wants a Soapstone stove of his own.

Found a Hearthstone I stove that looks to be in good condition. Based on my research, this stove could have been built anywhere between 1990-1998? Seems great shape for being as old as it is. Still trying to get better pictures but trying to get an idea of how this stove works.

Right cheap Home Depot barrel style stove (No idea of the type) that burns would like it's going out of style. I think this would be a good pickup for him, but want to make sure before they make a 5 hour drive to get it.

Guessing this isn't a Cat stove (although it seems like there MIGHT be a model that does have a cat? How would you know?)

Any information you guys could give me would be awesome!

Thanks!

brenndatomu likes this.
  2. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Model 1 are not cat stoves oh, some of the later ones had burn tubes over the top. Do you know how big the model ones are??? My great aunts was at least a 4.25 cu ft Firebox. Easily a 12 hour burn time. Check metal parts as soapstone does not wear much..

brenndatomu likes this.
  3. paintblljnkie

paintblljnkie

Here are some pictures. The seller is saying its only 4-5 years old, but from what I can tell, it LOOKS like a Hearthstone I, so I am not sure.

upload_2019-10-9_14-43-30.png

fox9988 likes this.
  4. Rich L

Rich L

Ya I have The "One ".If the inside looks good you better get that stove.It's the greatest stove I've ever experienced and I've experienced many.Total satisfaction.This stove can deal with sub zero temps like know other that I know of.

fox9988 likes this.