In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Anyone gearing up to Sugar?

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by the fuse, Feb 14, 2021.

1. the fuse

the fuse

Talked to my bro today. He hasn't tapped out yet, up there. Going to tap out this weekend to take advantage of this weeks warm up. The next week and a half look cold and cloudy. We're hoping the taps don't "heal" up before the next real run.

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  2. lukem

lukem

Sap is all but done running here. Not a good year....had that bad cold snap then close to 60 2 weeks later. We boiled this weekend and got about 3 quarts of syrup.

3. Troutbum

Troutbum

What’s the white floaties in my sap? I e got sap that’s a little cloudy with some white floaties. My friend who also makes syrup says boil on. I’ll just get syrup that’s darker, and that we’re not running commercial operations, so why not. So, I’m boiling on.

4. Troutbum

Troutbum

What’s the white floaties in my sap? I e got sap that’s a little cloudy with some white floaties. My friend who also makes syrup says boil on. I’ll just get syrup that’s darker, and that we’re not running commercial operations, so why not. So, I’m boiling on.

5. the fuse

the fuse

Was up in VT last week. That was the end....April 2nd. Collected about 30 gallons and got 2 1/2 quarts of dark and had some fun. IMG_20210330_191932072.jpg IMG_20210330_191951859.jpg

6. Skier76

Skier76

Scott's Clean Sweep. Good people!

7. fishingpol

fishingpol

Opened the first jar from the spring boil and it was really good. I ended the season early and only have a few jars. The Mrs. was almost floored. Last years batch was a little thin and not as good. She said a proper evaporator pan would be good to get. She did mention a proper small sugar shack might be needed too.:yes:

20210717_101304.jpg

8. Softwood

Softwood

A guy can sure throw a LOT of money at the "hobby" of making syrup for sure!