In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Any help would be appreciated

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by Buttercup, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Buttercup

Buttercup

I’ve got a CL4030 something happened today that’s never happened before. It’s not that cold here so last night I didn’t load it all the way up. I go to check it this morning and the temperature on water gauge is showing 94 degrees. I open it up and a lot of the wood I put in is still there not even hardly charred. Whenever I opened the door the “damper” on the door opened. It should’ve been open to begin with. Has any of this happened to any of y’all?

2. Nitrodave

Nitrodave

Stuck with creosote by chance ?

3. lukem

lukem

Sounds like the damper got stuck and you rattled it loose when you opened the door. Clean the contact surfaces real good and fire it back up.

Woodsnwoods, VOLKEVIN, Chaz and 2 others like this.
  4. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

I have a CB 6048. Don’t know if they use the same damper mechanism in both stoves, mine is a solenoid it has gotten stuck shut a few times & stuck open once. I sprayed the slider arm on the solenoid with a lubricant called fluid film. That was quite a few years back. No issues so far. Also my damper was fan assisted for a few years just recently went back to natural draft. Don’t know if that changes my situation from yours or not. Good Luck.:yes:

Woodsnwoods, VOLKEVIN, Chaz and 3 others like this.
  5. Buttercup

Buttercup

Thanks for the advice. I got some of the fluid film and put on there this morning. When I put it on noticed one of the electrical connections was about to fall off put back on. So we’ll keep an eye on everything.

6. Sourwood

Sourwood

I awoke this morning to a cold house. Water temp on the system was way down. went outside at 3AM and the fan wasn't going and it wasn't circulating water. I had a similar stuck damper issue once and lubrication solved it, but I may have a bad solenoid or something.

I am super busy, so rather than explore I made a service request with my installer. The boiler saves me too much money this time of year, that I don't want to wait until this weekend to tinker with it and then order parts and wait. Hopefully when I get home, I will be back in business. The crew likes our dog, and she can use the company.

7. yooperdave

yooperdave

Glad you figured it out before I had a chance to suggest this ^^!

Wouldn't hurt to keep the contact area of that damper clean also...as others have suggested. (The damper itself is what gonna need the most cleaning.)

Didn't see this thread until this morning.............:whistle:

amateur cutter likes this.