In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Any Gunbroker users.

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Sourwood, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Sourwood

Sourwood

Once things slow down and I have cool or cold nights. I peruse Gunbroker for potential bargains. Sometimes I bid on so many items, I spend the next few days say “please,please,please! Somebody out me me on some of this”.

anyone have search strategies or tips to share?
    I normally go for antique and curios categories. I have had a couple nice buys on Colt Woodsman pistols that needed some smithing. Firing pin assemblies are tricky and scare away bidders.

2. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

I have only been successful on G.B. when I "Buy it now". I research pricing and if I find something that hits my mark, I'll hit the button. Too many auctions get bid up above market value for me to participate anymore.
    If you have the time and there's only 1 hour to bid, sure, go for it. Someone always wins, right?

3. comanche79p

comanche79p

Same here. Buy it now takes all the drama away.

Chaz, T.Jeff Veal and Beetle-Kill like this.
  4. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Yup. So, what have you been up too?

Chaz and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  5. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

I used to be a real GB junkie, then I joined up with you guys. Now most of my internet time is spent here. I’ve probably bought more than my share on it. No real strategy, if it’s what I want and the price is reasonable to me I’ll hit the buy it now button if it has one. I’ll use the auto bid feature quite often too. Figure out how high I am willing to go then enter that plus a little bit of an odd amount. For example if I’m willing to go to 1000 I might enter $1003.29 or some such in hopes that the other guys limit is $1000. If I get out Bid at that then I reconsider if I’m willing to go further. Probably a good thing for me that there’s no such thing as chainsaw broker!!!

Beetle-Kill, J1m, Sourwood and 3 others like this.
  6. comanche79p

comanche79p

I have just about got my cabin finished west of La Veta. Been her every weekend and several weeks vacation working on this thing since March. About to get weary.
    I may have more heater than cabin with the Kuuma 200. I don't have but 768 feet per floor (2 floors). I know if it is in the high 20's it will run me out if I let it rip.
    Ain't no throttling it back that I have found so far but still learning. I am absolutely impressed with the furnace. I am at 9500 feet and went all in on insulation so I am looking forward to one of those bad cold spells to see how it performs.
    Get your chimney fixed up?

Beetle-Kill likes this.