In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Almond Wood

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Mr A, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Mr A

Mr A

Almond is plentiful here, many orchards. I have nearly a full cord of it. Doing some brined, boneless, skinless, chicken breasts tonight. just putting the meat on the grill makes my shirt smell like barbecue . Very sweet smelling wood. It has not disappointed me yet using on pork, chicken, beef.
    I find the word "almond" is pronounced different by many people. One of those "I" before "E" rules? I say it al-mond, I hear ah-mond, or ay-mond all the time.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Feel free to ship me some :)

raybonz likes this.
  3. Mr A

Mr A

I was actually thinking of adding something about trading wood in my post. I could trade and and ship a log of almond for a log of hickory, or kiawe, if we have any Hawaiian members. It does snow in Hawaii!! Maybe some east coast mulberry? All we have here is fruitless hybrid. Apple was formerly plentiful, I don't have any. would it be OK to trade a few 5 pound logs? Environmental regs and all that stuff?

cwn877 likes this.
  4. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

I have quite a bit of mulberry, but I would have to give it a better ID to know the subspecies. I still think we need to set up a wood chip exchange for all of us smokers!

cwn877 and Mr A like this.