In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

After almost 2 years

Discussion in 'The Sawyer Room' started by Cold Trigger Finger, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

I fired up my Mighty Mite Gen ll this afternoon.
    I can't upload my vid and didn't take any stills today.
    I dumped some fuel in the carb after adding new hydraulic oil and letting it it drain down thru the system . hooked the lines up and started cranking it.
    17 horse Kohler engine fired up after a bit of cranking. I haven't had it running since I moved it here in July of 19.
    I tightened up the band blade and function tested it. Everything worked great.
    I didn't mill anything today . I need to move the mill into the spot it will hopefully stay for the foreseeable future.

fuelrod, Steve, billb3 and 4 others like this.
  2. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

That's outstanding! Time to make some lumber I'm assuming?

3. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

Yup. I continued clearing the spot where the mill will be today. 75 feet x30 feet . Ill situate the mill so I have room to stack lots of lumber and drive between the mill and the lumber stacks. And still have plenty of room to stack logs to go onto the mill. Eventually I want to put a roof over the mill and stacks. Which will be a pretty big roof. The summer sun gets pretty intense here and it will warp a board or plank in an afternoon. I'de like to avoid that. And have a place that's snow free to play I mean work in the winters.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  4. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Can't wait to see it in action!

5. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

For the moment I NEED to make about 75 2x4s. And I only have 1 log so far. I'll have to go log some. I was supposed to do that a month ago. Gettin old sure does change things.

Husky Man, fuelrod and amateur cutter like this.