In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Accentra Extended Hopper

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by badbob, Sep 14, 2019.

1. badbob

badbob

Well,been a screwed up summer,will have to come back later and catch up on posts,and have a road trip in a few days,gonna surprise my Dad in Omaha,at his Navy ship reunion. Anyway, hopper not quite done,but functional?(have not tested,need to make sure stove still has vacuum,no gasket leaks). Will never do another,unless I purchase a spot welder,too much warpage spot weling with mig.Anyway,heres a pic. GEDC0589.JPG

2. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Way cool looking extender.

That bad boy will certainly give you some extra burn time...

ivanhoe likes this.
  3. badbob

badbob

Thanks,Snowy.Wanted to measure how much more pellets it holds,but took a road trip,and came back to snow and cold,I know it holds at least 1.6 bags more,but did not really test,was cold.Warming up soon,then can test.I figured the height for what is comfortable to pour in a 5 gal bucket,not capacity.The Harman frame was damaged,when i got it,the seller has offered to send me a replacement,along with a tile for the frame,which I had not decided upon.I think I will receive a light colored tile,like Don used to have,cottage and watermill,which is fine,some color to my living room.I am working on a decorative trim,to cover up the warped metal on the unit,but not a rush,as unit works fine.I was worried about using regular gasket material for the Englander lid,as it is not foam,less air tight,but stove preforms just fine. Now i just need to get 2 tons of pellets home,and in basement,LOL

imacman, ivanhoe and eatonpcat like this.
  4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Looking good:yes:, at first I taught it was a glass window to see the hopper's pellet level :whistle:
    Like Snowy says, longer burn time for sure :thumbs:

imacman and badbob like this.
  5. badbob

badbob

I almost put a window on the side,but for using fireproof clear material,was expensive.The frame is a standard Harman stove frame,but the bronze trim came in damaged,is held there by glue,for the picture. The seller has/is sending me a replacement one.I have a tile to go into it coming,also,not specific or original,actually Don has one.But will bring light to my small living room.I have a plan to use some perforated metal,around the base,to cover up the warpage of the metal,from using a mig to spot weld,instead of buyimg a spot welder.We llearn as life goes on!!.

imacman and ivanhoe like this.
  6. badbob

badbob

OK,had to leave again,stove was almost empty,so,with extension,it took 3 bags to fill it.Good thing as I will not be back for 5-7 more days,need to keep the cat warm!