In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

52 bay Appalachian problem

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Tyler, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Tyler

Tyler

I have burned wood for 25-30 years. 7 years ago I purchased a 52 bay Appalachian catalytic stove. Has been a great stove. Have had typical maintenance, clean/ inspect chimney every other week. Vacuum catalyst 1 to 3 Times a season. However I am on my 3rd set of catalysts in this 7 year time. 2 months ago put in anew set of them stove burned great following cat temps between 1200-1500. Stove temps around 550. The last 2 weeks I have not been able to get stove temps above 450 ish. Cat tempsaround 1000-1200. When the door is open a lot of smoke in the firebox. Outside looking at the chimney crystal clear, no smoke at all. Wood is seasoned and dry.And chimney is clean. Only thing I can think of other than a faulty catalyst issomehow intakes have become plugged. Anybody have a 52 bay Appalachian that can give me a little help? Have tried calling the manufacturer, however they are like talking to a brick wall.

Any ideas?