In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

25 bag limit at my local dealer..

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by krooser, Feb 3, 2014.

1. krooser

krooser

Got a shock today when I went to p/u another ton of Uncle Jed's softwood… out of stock. None of there low buck hardwoods, either!

They have a couple rail cars of product coming from Canada that have been sidetracked (no pun intended). They hope to have at least one car show up next week.

I wound up buying 25 bags of Southern Hardwoods that I don't like...

clemsonfor likes this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

One of the insiders here said its more a logistics delay than a shortage of product. Cold and snow has derailed the shipments from the mills.

I seem to be in an area that has a good supply of fuel and no issues reloading. Still sitting on more than I need to get through the season, But I'm still stuffing as I go(have room) just because! ;)

brokenwing and savemoney like this.
  3. savemoney

savemoney

More is better! I want more!

jtakeman likes this.
  4. krooser

krooser

The guy helping me load said, after putting on the 25 bag limit, folks were coming back day after day "hoarding" pellets… no way Jose!!!!

brokenwing and smoke show like this.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Thats what the pigs do! Stuff em till they can't stuff no more. Used to tick people(ernest) off and where the pig club got its start IIRC.

I guess you got some pellet pigs roaming your parts? :whistle:

Pellet hoarding is a sickness, I seem to have it and save$ does too! :whistle::thumbs:

clemsonfor, raybonz, imacman and 3 others like this.
  6. imacman

imacman

No pellet pigs over in THIS neck of the woods :whistle: Just because I cleaned out the last remaining pellets in HD & Lowes recently don't mean nuttin!

clemsonfor, jtakeman and raybonz like this.
  7. subsailor

subsailor

I think most of us do to some extent.

8. savemoney

savemoney

Yes, and I don't want any treatment to curb my addiction!

clemsonfor, gbreda and jtakeman like this.
  9. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Oh yeah, Many many here are fully sick. I just wasn't sure Krooser was?

I'm no hog zilla, But I just have to have more than a seasons worth or I just don't feel right. Worse flu I ever had, Just can't shake it!

10. 343amc

343amc

I picked up 10 bags the other day just because they were there and the price was right. I have about 3 ton left in the barn so no danger of running out unless it stays cold until June.

The only time I saw limits in this area was in 2005. 10 bag limit at $6 a bag.

clemsonfor and TurboDiesel like this.
  11. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

A bud went to HD in Southington and tried to buy 25 bags of PTL's. HD told him he either had to by a ton or take what was loose by the front door. He ended up with 10 Green Sucpreme's and his stove isn't too happy with them.

I told him Torrington HD had AWF-Stove Chow and possibly PTL's. No limits AFAIK and you can buy them in any quanitys or the whole ton. Told him to hurry as things could change! Pretty sure he's going for the full ton just to be sure to make the rest of the season.

Not all area's are having issues, But it seems to be catching and getting worse. This latest storm couldn't have helped any.

Glad I stuffed it full and should be set till next fall!

12. subsailor

subsailor

I still sitting on over 2 tons but I'm looking . Not supposed to get above freezing again until late next week with several nights below 0. Will be making some phone calls tomorrow.

13. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Let us know what you find, Curious in what regions this has effected. If not all?

I did a quick check on the pellet dealers in my area. Prices don't seem to have risen and only a few brands are out of stock. Barefoots and Turmans are all I see out of stock

14. subsailor

subsailor

The last couple of weeks at HD, we've been seeing AWF, Lee Energy and Heat Resource instead of the usual MWP and FSU's. I was told that MWP is done with HD for the year. They sell a lot more to TSC. FSU is usually hit or miss after their initial purchase. I don't know if I'll find anything or not tomorrow, but I'll post what I find.

jtakeman likes this.
  15. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

I'm shipping Dougie's and and Black Hills as fast we can and most dealers are telling me they last about 24 hours before they are all sold out after they arrive... Okies are very scarce and when available go even faster....will probably be like that for another couple of months

16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Any issues with rail delay's?

How's the new Okies gold doing?

17. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

The weather has forced some delay's, especially around the Chicago area, but we will get thru it. The Gold bags will be out in March, but the Black Hills with the new product is getting wonderful feedback. Very happy with them. Market seems to like them a lot.

18. subsailor

subsailor

Picked up 10 bags of FSU at HD. Price still $4.18/$209. They were also selling Green Supreme in a clear bag. They actually looked pretty decent. I prolly should have picked up a couple of bags to see for myself. Maybe next time. I checked the outside inventory. They had 40 tons of the GS and 18 tons of the FSU. Hope they got more coming.

savemoney and jtakeman like this.
  19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Glad there is no supply issue near you. Also good price too. Locally they have raised prices near me to $4.68/bag unless you buy a ton @$219.

With this extended cold spell and still close to 2 bags a day. I might fetch another 25 next week for giggles.

20. imacman

imacman

As the old saying goes, looks can be deceiving.

gbreda and subsailor like this.