In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★☆☆ 22 Ton Kinetic Log Splitter

Discussion in 'Wood Splitters' started by Country Boy Chronicles, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Country Boy Chronicles

Country Boy Chronicles

Anyone ever use a kinetic splitter? If you have, or especially if you haven't, check out this YouTube vid! I'm going to be doing a full review of this splitter soon. If your on the fence of getting one definitely check this out.

2. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

You could have at least done an introduction post before using our forum to get views man

Cold Trigger Finger and Ohio like this.
  3. Country Boy Chronicles

Country Boy Chronicles

That wasn't my intention at all, but now that you mention it, it does look like that's what I was trying to do. Definitely not trying to spam this forum at all.. I just wanted to get the word out about a kinetic splitter. I was also very eager to get my first post out there and start contributing to the forum. I hope I didn't rub everyone the wrong way!

4. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

No worries. I saw it was your only post (at the time), and thought you would be a hit and runner. Its become apparent now that you aren't that way. I'll definitely check out the channel. I just started a channel myself in the beginning of January. I've had my Super split for about 10 years and love it.

:salute:

5. Warner

Warner

Hey welcome to the club! Thanks for your review. That’s what the forum is all about!

6. Country Boy Chronicles

Country Boy Chronicles

Great! Heck yea check out my channel and Ill do the same to yours! Whats yours called??

7. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

8. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

Welcome to FHC.
    I watched the vid.
    I have a little 7 ton kinetic splitter. It works great for the wood that I split. Very seldom does mine spit a block out. Maybe only 3 times in 10 cord. My wedge is pretty sharp and there is a sharp ring welded to the pusher face. It pretty much always ( brands ) the piece I'm splitting.
    I wired the safety handle out of the way. I keep my left hand on the left side of the piece I'm splitting. That way I just pull it back , shove it into the trough and hit it again and repeat .
    Biggest time waster I see with many using a kinetic splitter is taking their hand off the lever to play with the block being split.
    I watched a comparison between a hydraulic and a kinetic splitter. The guy was workin hard but wasting time by how he was doing it.
    Doing it my way his hyd splitter would. Still have won. . But not by much.
    I forget his company, he's in Canada and makes commercial splitters with multi wedges. Auto return ect. Nice machines.
    But a kinetic is Fast if its run fast.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021