In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2" snow today

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by boettg33, Dec 14, 2017.

1. boettg33

boettg33

Big fan of the white stuff, Snow. woke this morning to it snowing. Had no idea. When they finally released me from the hospital yesterday, the temp was 23. I recall thinking to myself that it's a shame it's snowing.

Well I got my wish. Now the only thing that could top it would be some snow on Xmas day. :).

With temps hovering around 21 today, the wood stove is going good. Happy to be working from home today. The boy went out and cleared my dad's deck and walk way, and I took him to his radiation appointment. When I got back, he ran the snowblower on my dad's side of the driveway. His girlfriend was headed out to a lunch with friends.

Now I just get to sit back in my office and enjoy the views of the yard with snow in the trees and on the ground. Nice treat.

Jason from RI

2. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Nice day here also. Got about 5" of fluffy stuff last night. Heading out to plow.

3. JustWood

JustWood Guest

Blaaaahhh , you can have it all!
    It's dumped 18-24" here in the last 3 days . I already hate it!

4. boettg33

boettg33

Sure thing, tell mother nature to send it on over.

5. billb3

billb3

Got 4" here.
    Throttle linkage on the snowblower was missing so I wasn't getting that started so I did both driveways by hand with a wide push shovel. Light stuff so just a lot of walking. Dunno how throttle link disappears but the blowerr hasn't moved since last year. Sometimes I swear I have a ghost that likes to yank my chain.

6. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

:eek::jaw:

I'd love to have a storm like that at least once a month for the next three months!!!

I'd get some riding time in!!

7. boettg33

boettg33

3-4" tonight from what I am told. Love it. I really could go for little spurts like this several times per week. Woke this morning to 11 degrees. Our room was 58 degrees. Thankfully the rest of the house was nice and toasty. Wood stove was running great. I need to move the thermostat to the second floor to heat the areas the wood stove is not reaching. The good thing is that those areas retain heat better and will be aided some by the wood stove.

Though my car did not like it. The old VW Jetta TDI sputtered a little and finally caught on the last crank. If it hadn't, I was going to hear click, click, click. She hadn't been driven in 4 days. Just sitting in the cold is not good for those diesels that needs more cranking power. She started with no problem tonight when I got off the train. Time to put the snow tires onto her. Hopefully Tuesday morning.

I know some might cringe, but I hope this means we are looking at a good steady winter of snow. Sure we can have blizzards, I don't mind them. Though frequent storms of 1-4" are welcome as well. Easier for the plows to keep up with.

billb3 likes this.
  8. clay shooter

clay shooter

when we get snow over here, england comes to a halt.

Midwinter likes this.
  9. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

That's what I'm talking about right there, a guy who appreciates winter for what it is. let it snow, let it snow! :santa:

boettg33 likes this.
  10. boettg33

boettg33

4 years in the Tidewater Virginia area while in the Navy. 2" of snow shuts down everything. It's crazy.

FatBoy85 likes this.
  11. boettg33

boettg33

We live in New England. Get use to it. If you don't like winter and snow, then it's time to pack up your stuff and head south. Snow and the cold are a part of life. More so the further north you go. Living a mile and a half from the ocean, we normally get rain while north of us gets snow. When it does snow, I love it.

12. JustWood

JustWood Guest

We got another 8-10" last night!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Midwinter likes this.
  13. DNH

DNH

Midwinter likes this.
  14. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

If only it would do that here....

15. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Time for a new battery! And now a cheap one!!
    What year is your jetta?

16. boettg33

boettg33

It's an 06, and I replaced the battery 2 years ago. I shouldn't need a new battery already.