In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

“Husqvarna New X-Cut Chain”

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Stumper, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Stumper

Stumper Banned

This Post is about Husqvarna’s X-Cut Chain. It seems Husqvarna has finally got the word on there original Chain and are trying to made a better Chain for the consumer. If you didn’t already know Husqvarna original Chain had a major flaw, and that was its stretch was ridiculous. They really didn’t have there own Chain to start with, it was made by various venders and was put together and sold under the name of Husqvarna. The new factory that was financed by Nordic Investments @ over 25 million dollars and is in Huskvarna, Sweden, which is also the company’s main competence center. After years of research, development, lab and live tests, the Husqvarna X-Cut saw chain is finally here. The X-Cut saw chain is a low-vibration pixel saw chain that cuts a narrow kerf and requires less power from the saw than standard cutting systems. These are its most prominent features – all working together to provide you with more cubic meters, every day. They claim the new Chain has a sharpness that outlast other Chain . The design of the cutters, the materials used and the manufacturing processes have all been refined to the extreme. This gives the X-Cut saw chain an outstanding sharpness straight out of the box, and also – perhaps more importantly – a sharpness that lasts considerably longer before filing is needed. It also claims that because it is pre-stretched you want have to adjust has much as others. The X-Cut saw chain is made to cut faster and smoother than comparable products, and it is ready to be used right out of the box. This improves your cutting efficiency and thereby your results. At the same time, less human effort (feed force) is needed, making the whole work experience easier on your body. The cutter angle is also one of the main differences. The angle of the cutter is crucial for your long-term efficiency. The tighter you make this angle, the higher the sharpness – but if you overdo it, the cutter will lose its sharpness faster and break easier. With X-Cut, Husqvarna has focused on finding the optimum angle for an efficiency that lasts. The angle of the cutter is crucial for your long-term efficiency. The tighter you make this angle, the higher the sharpness – but if you overdo it, the cutter will lose its sharpness faster and break easier. With X-Cut, Husqvarna has focused on finding the optimum angle for an efficiency that lasts. They have come up with a heat treating of the Chain that also makes there new Chain superior to others. For the hardening, Husqvarna has developed its own unique method of making the steel as durable as possible. This includes optimal heat treatment as well as optimal cooling – creating a molecular structure that provides an incredibly durable saw chain. Buy the way it just came to me the old Husqvarna Chain was made by Oregon as well as Carlton. Have a nice day...
    Stumper

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Ashwatcher and blacksmith like this.
  2. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

I feel like I've read this before?

3. Stumper

Stumper Banned

You may have, but this was my only Post on this subject. Maybe someone else may find it interesting. Have a nice day...
    Stumper

Ashwatcher likes this.
  4. CoreyB

CoreyB

I got 500 ft in a few weeks ago and have been testing it as well as have some other groups testing it out. We will see once our tree service guys report back.

mike bayerl, Horkn and Ronaldo like this.
  5. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

I see what you did. Next time you copy & paste please leave the paragraphs in.

6. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

What size?

Horkn likes this.
  7. CoreyB

CoreyB

It is .325 nk. .050 and we make to what ever dl is needed.

Horkn and HDRock like this.
  8. Stumper

Stumper Banned

All my Posts don’t need to be in paragraph form ... I use voice recognition which does not put things in paragraph form I am a Sthil dealer and have more insight on new products than the average person...If you don’t like my education level of my insights on products, just block and don’t read them PAL!
    Have a nice day PAL!!!
    Stumper

Ashwatcher likes this.
  9. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

Any word on when you'll see the C85?

clemsonfor and Horkn like this.
  10. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I slapped a new Husky chain on yesterday. This is a new saw so all the chains have been out of the new factory. On this chain I specifically looked for stretch, and I am not trying to be argumentative, nor be pro husky, or against husky, but see no difference in stretch. After 3 cords of wood I adjusted the chain three times, then never after that. So far I got about 10 cords on the chain. (No adjust on the first cord, 1 time on the second cord, and 2 times on the third cord)

This is what I got on my Stihl chain as well, so I don't see any vast improvement over their competitors chain anyway. Now it might be better then their old chain...I am not sure, I ran Stihl prior to this saw 3 chains, and 100+ cords of wood ago.

Again, not trying to knock their chain, I just observed what happened since I just happened to slap a new chain on yesterday.

11. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

Lol! :rofl: :lol:

Its all about the output - Introducing the Husqvarna X-Cut saw chain

Look familiar?

12. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

That's because most is still just rebadged Oregon.

clemsonfor, Horkn and p61 western like this.
  13. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Nope, it is the new chain coming out of the factory. All 3 of them have been.

14. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

Pix?

15. RCBS

RCBS

I never experienced excessive stretch out of the Husky branded chain? It is actually my preferred chain. Just picked up a new 18" loop in a box at Bunyan for $12. Didn't really need, but at that price I always buy at least one.

Czed and Horkn like this.
  16. CoreyB

CoreyB

Not yet. Am guessing next spring but I could be wrong. Last time I checked they didnt even have the part # in the system. I will try and check tomorrow if I can.

Horkn and concretegrazer like this.
  17. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

LGX, LPX its all I need.

18. Stumper

Stumper Banned

( C- 85 ) X- Chain.
    “ LodgedTree “ has been using some already. And in my opinion “ LodgedTree” has a wealth of experience, and knowledge cutting trees and is a good “ R&D “ guy to ask. My shop does not carry it yet because it is hard to find in U.S. sense it is just being introduced to our markets. It is a little bit pricey. “ LodgedTree “ hope you don’t mind me using you expertise in this reply. But I know you are one of the Best when comes to Chain products because you make your living with a saw. My hands off to you, and I think the world about you, because you are a Christian man. Have a nice day...
    Stumper

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    CoreyB likes this.
  19. CoreyB

CoreyB

Ya the best info is from guys in the woods who will use what ever works best for the money. Real world feed back is much better then marketing crap

p61 western likes this.
  20. Stumper

Stumper Banned

Yes this is true “CoreyB” yes it all about the money. Have a nice day...
    Stumper