In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

‘‘Tis The Season!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Slocum, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Slocum

Slocum

Ash tree leaning towards neighbors house had to come down today. Almost got it all drug to the barn. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Had to use a snatch block [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

Looks like fun.
    Still cleaning up from 2 ash trees taken down last weekend. Took a load of brush out to friends brush pile with another load to go. Hate brush ever so much.:headbang:

3. Slocum

Slocum

I know what your saying. These dead ash tree tops grenade when they hit the ground. They make good fire starter! Lucky for me mine landed in a swampy bottom. No clean up for me.

4. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

At least these are not dead, just growing up in my chain-link fence. Both landed on my wood piles so only need to move rounds 10 feet or so for the splitter. The stack the landed on only lost 1 split off the top.:dex:. Now if I can get over this darn cold or whatever it is. Coming up on 4 weeks of feeling like crap but at least getting a voice back after a week of laryngitis.

5. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Nice work, good firewood. I see you've got your share of Grapevine too. Brush is a pita for sure.

6. Slocum

Slocum

This tree was rock solid from the bottom to the top. It’s strange how some dead ash last so much longer than others.