In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Almost Done!!!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Nordic Splitter, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Nordic Splitter

Nordic Splitter

Its been a long haul so far this year with getting ready for the next few winter seasons. Got the first log load back in May.. Hammered that out in about 3 weeks. All C/S/S....About 12 face cords of Ash, Oak, Locust & Silver Maple. Then we moved an older Rubber Maid shed. Tilted it up and moved it on 2x4"s...Just slowly pushed it along. Stripped down an old garden that was about 200 sq ft..Just planted grass. Built a new firewood storage area. 12'x16'...used alot of the dirt from the garden to level it off then covered with 2" of stone. Used 4"x4" pressure treated 8 footers to enclose it. Then split up about 6 face cords of 3yr old Ash rounds..Just when I caught my breath..I get slammed with the 2 log loads on the same day...Hammered out the Pine load first. C/S/S in about 10 days..6 face cords it all... Then the final Hardwood log load was staring at me... Bucked it all up in about 2 weeks and began splitting. Filled up the remaining area of the new firewood storage are...So far about 7 face cords of Ash, Oak, Honey Locust. Cheery and Silver Maple. Have about 4 face cords of rounds left to go...Laid down a 24' long stretch of runners along a back Privet hedge line for those. Figured 24x4 is 96sq ft..so if I stack it 5ft high...it will all fit. Decided to simply halve all of them..A few do to size I will quarter..These will be a good re-stock of my All-Night wood I like to throw in at around 7pm and close the damper down to 2. After this Is done...so am I.... Figure I will have about 65-70 face cords in all. Won't have to order a log load until about 2022/23. Going to turn the garage into Winter mode early this year...so I don't get any crazy idea's of a late log load in October...Haha. Just a final word of Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and great thoughts and idea's along the way.....To think 2 years ago I was in a Cancer Treatment Center with a PIC Line stuck in my arm..The Lord is Good...:)

Reloader, Hammy, Midwinter and 13 others like this.
  2. jo191145

jo191145

I’m tired just from reading all that. Nice work and good news on the health.

Timberdog, Hammy, Midwinter and 7 others like this.
  3. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

All that work and not a single pic:jaw:

Timberdog, Rangerbait, Hammy and 6 others like this.
  4. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

I know, right.....:rofl: :lol:

Good job getting this mystery wood put up Nordic Splitter :salute: :D

5. Nordic Splitter

Nordic Splitter

:salute:
    :ithappened:

Timberdog, Hammy, jrider and 2 others like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

For sure there is always lots of work to be done. Happy you still get to do it!

Hammy and Chazsbetterhalf like this.