In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2019 SPRING buys

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Iron Stove, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Birddog91

Birddog91

Hmmm so they are not the legit Blazers? I was going to get 1.5 tons and pick them up myself..... .

Russell and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  2. Birddog91

Birddog91

Got same TT, I had called earlier in week to see if the website buy was indeed correct, and she said yup, prices went up quite a bit, transportation, gas etc... .

3. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

We don't sell alot of those same brands, but yea, same with the brands we carry.....no real inventory on the ground (so pellet co's have no inducement to lower pricing), and the fact that trucking is higher is keeping pricing higher. Also, the fact that there isn't huge amounts of raw material out there (harvesting issues and pulp being used in other industries- at least thats what I am told).....

Pete Zahria, IHATEPROPANE and Russell like this.
  4. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Ran up to Robbins and picked up a ton of Wood & Sons (aka T&D) yesterday morning, while they still have the early buy pricing. First batch of these I had tried over the winter and they were in plan white bags. They burned very well, but had some durability issues. With this new batch, the bags are dated 03/19, and seeing the pellets through the clear bag, they appear to be improved from a durability standpoint - no little bits and pieces visible, and not much fines. We'll see how they perform in the stove in the fall. Being 100% white pine, hoping they will be a winner.

Attached Files:

5. subsailor

subsailor

I ordered 2 tons of MWP from SIB today at $239/delivered. They will be delivered in September. FWIW they told me that if I planned on buying anymore later in the year that I should think about buying them now as they expect a shortage. They claim they ran out last December and struggled to get more product in after that.

6. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

No softies for you this season Sub? Figured you would grab some more platinum pellets, or some of the new Wood and Sons product SIB is selling now.

7. subsailor

subsailor

Oh I plan on buying some Platinums. They come from my stove shop and I have to haul them. I buy them 10-15 bags at a time to avoid breaking my back.

jtakeman likes this.
  8. thebigo

thebigo

No need for spring buys when you live down the road from Henry McManus, 120 bags of north country delivered and conveniently placed in my garage for $617. Good night for stacking, helps the beer go down. 20190608_211310.jpg

9. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

and keeps you skinny and fit!

jtakeman likes this.
  10. JustWood

JustWood Guest

Just a heads up. Hardwood lumber markets are in rapid decline. Tariffs and slowing world economy taking the blame. Weather in the Midwest and Atlantic region since last fall has also hampered production which left raw material in low supplies most of the winter/spring which helped pellet manufacturers work off excess inventory.
    My feeling is if we go into September and tariffs haven't been resolved we could be seeing very low supplies in the fall/winter.
    I don't have a feel for the softwood market but my guess would be that if Canada has no tariffs pellets will still be available but at a premium due to transport and market conditions . It's a wait and see situation I guess but a safe bet would be to PIG OUT !!!

11. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

As usual, great info JW!!!

Tullytown, Rich250 and ttdberg like this.
  12. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

you rabble-rouser, you!