In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Help with pans, please

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by spotted owl, Sep 22, 2024 at 10:33 PM.

1. spotted owl

spotted owl

Need to get daughter two good pans. Stainless steel and carbon steel, skillet/fry pans. Already have her well set with good cast iron, she wants to step up and branch out a bit. I won’t say cost is no issue, she takes very good care of things so some expense(I know, very subjective) is not a deal killer.

Any better brands of Stainless steel and carbon steel pans that you all know of? Solid 0r "clad" stainless? I’m reading a bunch, but still out of my element in this world.

All ideas are appreciated.

Owl

Chaz, eatonpcat, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  2. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Chaz, eatonpcat, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

4. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

All-Clad fry pans kick butt. We have two and they cook really nice and for stainless steel the clean-up is super easy , maybe a half step away from a Teflon coated pan when it comes to clean-up. Pricey ; yes but it is a lifetime investment.

I have also heard nothing but good about " Made In" brand pans but have no personal experience with them.

Chaz, Chvymn99, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  5. 0rion

0rion

We use green pan non-stick stuff and love it. Non-stick has a lifespan though regardless of brand so they're not 20 year pans.

Chaz, Eric VW and eatonpcat like this.