In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New camper

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Rope, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

I can imagine. More wet sloppy snow & slush down here due to the fluctuations in temperatures & all the salt I would guess? I live about 65 miles north/ northeast of Allentown.Northern pocono mountains. Closest city is Scranton.

Backwoods Savage, Rope and Horkn like this.
  2. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Traction control.....

Backwoods Savage, Rope and wildwest like this.
  3. Well Seasoned

I just ran near there last memorial day to visit family. I usually run the scenic route 209 down through water gap. Lots of nice hiking there!

Backwoods Savage, Rope and Farmchuck like this.
  4. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Yes Brian but nothing as nice as what you shared with us!

Backwoods Savage and Rope like this.
  5. Well Seasoned

Is this still on the agenda for you?

Farmchuck, Backwoods Savage and Rope like this.
  6. Rope

Rope

I believe TC is referring to a slide in truck camper.

Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.
  7. corncob

corncob

Truck camper. Slides in the bed and secures with turnbuckles and plugs into the trailer plug in the bed. On ours the tail lights are built into the camper and it has a set of retractable steps on the back and I use a receiver extension so I can pull the trailer with the side by side on it. Our truck has an 8 foot bed and the camper hangs over the back about a foot and a half. Fully self contained. Shower, toilet, sink, range, microwave, not water heater, holding tanks and heat. I didn't opt for air because most times we are under the trees anyway. I have Zamp solar on the roof and a retractable awning on the side too. The entire top raises electrically and is all screened and has storm windows in case it rains. When the top is down, the camper sits about 2 feet above the top of the cab. Don't even know it in the bed on the road. Our first one was what is called a hardside and it was tall as in 13 feet high in the bed and in the wind on the road, it was a handfull. I need the retractable top to get into our property up north, lots of trees with low branches. I like the retractable top for storage reasons too. It fits in the garage when not being used.

Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.
  8. corncob

corncob

You guys and snow...lol The only thing I go out for in the winter is to plow out my rentals and do the road id it's real bad. Other than that I stay inside the shop. Just ordered 1000 .223 cases and 1000 Hornady 55 grain spire point boolets. I feel the need to reload. Happens every winter. May do some 308's as well and some 460 S&W Magnums. I have 2500 Lapua 308 cases, all annealed primed and ready to load but I need to get boolets.. I load 168 grain Bergers in the 30 cal. I think I have about 150 in a box on the trloading shelf.

Backwoods Savage and Biddleman like this.
  9. Biddleman

Biddleman

Nice camper.

Dumb question regarding slide outs. Is there ever a concern that they could get "stuck" open due to freezing temps or say if freezing rain happened?

Rope and Backwoods Savage like this.
  10. Rope

Rope

Yes both stuck open or closed, including the motor going out. I haven’t looked at this motor but disconnecting the drive gear and manually moving it then reverse the work. There is always the opportunity for things to go wrong.

Biddleman likes this.
  11. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

I still dream but as I get older I don’t know if I’ll ever pick up & move . Lot of family connections & friends. I guess only the good Lords knows.:)

Ronaldo and eatonpcat like this.
  12. Well Seasoned

This is true!

eatonpcat likes this.